Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
1st gen iPod Nano replacement program
Posted by: decay
Date: November 13, 2011 02:16PM
[www.apple.com]

Apple is replacing certain 1st-generation iPod nanos. In rare cases, some units' batteries may overheat and pose a safety risk. Affected iPod nanos were purchased between September 2005 and December 2006. If your iPod nano qualifies, you can order a replacement online. Replacement models will be warranted for 90 days from the date of service.

gonna give it a try with a non-working one i've got here.

---
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 1st gen iPod Nano replacement program
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: November 13, 2011 02:33PM
I'd like to have mine replaced with a 5th generation Nano but it'll probably be one of those silly current generation ones.
Regardless of the model, the capacity of my 2 GB nano ought to more than double since only 8 GB refurb nanos show up in the Apple Store.

Posted by: john-o
Date: November 13, 2011 02:36PM
That's what I'm wondering: what are we gonna get as a replacement? It doesn't say anywhere...
Posted by: flareslow
Date: November 13, 2011 02:48PM
My email from Apple said I would be sending mine back. They also said if I had a laser inscription, I would lose it. Looks like we will get back someone else's after getting a new battery.
Posted by: Catzilla
Date: November 13, 2011 03:01PM
Looks like we're getting the same thing back: [forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: November 14, 2011 12:58PM
I don't want a current gen unit and I'm reasonably satisfied we'll be getting a 1st gen unit back. I still have and use my 1st gen 4GB Nano and it manages about 4hrs on a charge so maybe I won't be eligible for a replacement? I'll have to check it tonight.

If I had my choice, I'd rather have a 5th Gen Nano as a replacement, the last one with the video capability. OK, I have an 8GB and Mrs. Z has a 16 GB already. Best implementation of the classic iPod interface and mix of features. Sensibly perfect, IMO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020