The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Intuit listens to Mac Customers?
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: December 22, 2011 12:58PM
Just got this email:

Dear Quicken Mac Customer:

As a fellow Mac fan and customer, I wanted to personally introduce myself, and share some highlights of our Apple-related efforts with you.

I recently became General Manager of the Personal Finance Group at Intuit, responsible for Quicken and Mint.com. Intuit's 25 years of leadership in personal financial management software makes me excited to lead this team and I am committed to creating products to help you reach your financial goals.

I recognize, however, that we have not always delivered on this promise to Quicken Mac customers.

As you may know, Quicken for Mac 2007 does not currently work on Apple's latest operating system, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). I understand the frustration this may have caused you and have put a team in place to address this issue. I am happy to announce that we will have a solution that makes Quicken 2007 for Mac "Lion-compatible" by early spring. There are still details to be worked out, so I ask your continued patience as we work through these. In the meantime, you can find more information on our Mac FAQ page.

Working toward a Quicken for Mac 2007 solution is just a first step in winning back your confidence.

We are expanding our development team to continue our renewed focus on personal finance solutions that suit the needs of our Mac customers. As we develop solutions, we'll be looking to you and the rest of our Mac customers for ideas and feedback.

I understand we have a way to go, but I wanted to start by communicating our commitment to Mac and look forward to sharing the details with you as they emerge.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Quicken.

Sincerely,

Aaron Forth
General Manager, Intuit Personal Finance Group

I've already given up on Intuit, but thought others might be interested.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Intuit listens to Mac Customers?
Posted by: hal
Date: December 22, 2011 01:05PM
in other words, apple is gaining market share and we now realize that we can make money off you suckers again...
Posted by: GGD
Date: December 22, 2011 01:14PM
"In the meantime, you can find more information on our Mac FAQ page."

Any idea where this "Mac FAQ page" is? This was the best I could find.

[quicken.intuit.com]

And the only thing it says about Quicken 2007 is that it doesn't work on Lion and that you should switch to Windows.

[quicken.intuit.com]
Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: December 22, 2011 01:14PM
Well glad to hear this, though I'll await the actual delivery.

I've read countless threads about migrating off Quicken, and thus far I've opted to stay with Quicken 2006, preserving 15+ years of history.

I've even got a Snow Leopard VM ready in case I move to Lion. But I plan to stick with SL until I upgrade my iMac.

I'll gladly pay for an updated full-featured Quicken release that lets me maintain my data.
Date: December 22, 2011 01:19PM
bhaveshp
I'll gladly pay for an updated full-featured Quicken release that lets me maintain my data.

I'd like them to fix some of the bugs that have existed for over a decade before giving them money.
Posted by: Trouble
Date: December 22, 2011 01:28PM
While they said "by early spring" they didn't say which early spring, and I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt they mean 2012.
Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: December 22, 2011 01:51PM
GGD
Any idea where this "Mac FAQ page" is?

[quicken.intuit.com]
Posted by: MEG
Date: December 22, 2011 01:53PM
This wouldn't be the first time Intuit promised renewed focus on their Mac products...
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 22, 2011 01:53PM
Instead of making Quicken 2007 compatible with Lion, shouldn't they be working on Quicken 2012 for Mac?

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: December 22, 2011 02:08PM
bhaveshp
GGD
Any idea where this "Mac FAQ page" is?

[quicken.intuit.com]

Thanks, how did you find it? Searching on "lion" doesn't find it, even searching on their "GEN83769" returns a link that if you click on reports an internal error.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: December 22, 2011 02:12PM
hal
in other words, apple is gaining market share and we now realize that we can make money off you suckers again...

Given previous history w/ Intuit, that is the most likely explanation. Quicken on the Mac OS has gone down the tubes, Quicken Essentials is not an adequate replacement for many users. Their Mac version of TurboTax has also been getting progressively worse over the years. Would like to be proven wrong, but have no reason to expect better from Intuit.
Posted by: LaserKun
Date: December 22, 2011 02:28PM
Well, I will give them a chance. I started using Quicken in 1987, I think it was; or whenever they came out with the first version. A long time, anyway. I have Liquid Ledger, Money Dance, MYOB (for work), you name it, I have used it. And still, for me, Quicken has been the best. My latest version is 2004, and I use it under my Leopard Macs. Oh well, I'll be merciful to Intuit - IF they get it right!
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 22, 2011 02:38PM
hal

What a completely cynical answer...I love it.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: tuqqer
Date: December 22, 2011 02:39PM
Dear Quark Express Customer:

As a fellow Mac fan and customer, I wanted to personally introduce myself, and apologize for the last 15 years of bad customer service. Last month, it finally dawned on us (our bad!) that we may have lost your business due to bad customer service. So we'd like to see if you will stop using InDesign and start using Quark again..."

Intuit bad public relationships with Mac users is fairly close to being beyond repair. It's doable, but I doubt they really know what's needed.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Monterey 12.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: December 22, 2011 04:07PM
It's a well-known fact that the feature set for the Mac version of Quicken lags behind that of the Windows version. Even if they make Mac Quicken 2007 (which, BTW, is "only" five years behind the times) Lion-compatible, Mac customers will remain Intuit's redheaded stepchild.

It is what it is.
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: December 22, 2011 06:00PM
By "spring," I'm sure they mean those who'll "spring" for Windows.

bunny smileyCentral VA
Posted by: Panopticon
Date: December 22, 2011 06:50PM

Aaron,
damn you smiley Sorry dude, you are about FIVE years too late angry villagers smiley

Sincerely,
A Very Happy iBank User

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020