advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
First Big Snow Of The Winter Season
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: January 13, 2012 10:32AM
Just got back from 2 hrs. of plowing at the biz. Looks like a good 7" with another 1" forecast for today. With only a few dustings (that melted right away) prior to this snowfall, I was beginning to wonder if we would ever have any accumulation this year. Temps forecasted for single digits tonight also. Winter has finally arrived in northern MI.

My backyard from a few minutes ago. The stream is barely visible in this shot.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: First Big Snow Of The Winter Season
Posted by: lafinfil
Date: January 13, 2012 10:44AM
We got about 5" of powder last night so I got to play with the snowblower for an hour.

Posted by: Kate
Date: January 13, 2012 10:53AM
Great photo, but I'm glad I'm not there!

Kate
Posted by: Grace62
Date: January 13, 2012 11:00AM
Very nice winter scene Rick - I get chilly looking at that.

We're due for a possible light dusting this weekend. I'll just begin my bad driving and milk/bread hoarding this morning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 11:03AM by Grace62.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 13, 2012 11:00AM
Still no snow in Minneapolis.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: January 13, 2012 11:21AM
I usually like snow, but after the infamous blizzard that hit us the previous Xmas, I am happy to see mild temps and snowless streets.

Getting around to all my clients in that mess was brutal. I was just lucky that some of them were clustered together so that I could "walk" (slogging through enough snow that your feet slide a bit at every step) to them. I really regret being so exhausted and so busy that I couldn't take along my camera, though. Aside from the deep snow, stalled cars and buses, and so forth, I saw a presumably very drunk guy passed out right in the middle of turnstile at 23rd and 6th, slumped over the bar. Not dead, unless the dead snore loudly.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 13, 2012 12:11PM
no snow in Boston yet.

no real snow in VT, yet, either.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 13, 2012 12:15PM
Winter Storm in NE Ohio... the infamous "Lake Erie Snow Machine" is sputtering to a start.. anyone in the 'snow belt' is getting half a foot today, more tomorrow. Fortunately I'm just north of that area. It's VTPKL cold, though. Wind chill in the minuses.

An I knew it was cold because my Chihuahua "Izzy" refused to go out... she went and peed on the pee pad in the corner, and found a warm blanket to snuggle under. She's way smarter than I am (the blanket idea, that is..)
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 13, 2012 12:22PM
Hi Rick, you got more than we did down here in the Lansing area. We only got 2-3". But the previous storm missed you and nailed us, so this is not the first snow of the season here.
Posted by: decocritter
Date: January 13, 2012 04:18PM
We did not get snow in Atlanta, but it did finally get cold yesterday. In 20's last night and has not gone much above freezing today.

There was some icing this morning. Yesterday had very strong winds and there were power outages from downed trees state wide. I always make sure to get my house as warm as reasonable in weather like this, in the event of power failure. I get about 10-12 hours before my house is at 60. if that.

I am trying to live without supplemental electric heat, because our electric rates have climbed this year.

Good time for the potato leek soup, I made yesterday.

It has been so crazy warm this year, until now.

Stay warm.
Posted by: nwyaker
Date: January 13, 2012 05:47PM
Maybe some tomorrow in Seattle area - I'm headed for Miami and Haiti, 88 F - just in time !
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 14, 2012 03:28AM
Like C(-)ris who is just a ways down the road from us, we have no snow. But I knew we wouldn't have much snow this year because I bought a very expensive snowblower this spring.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: slbett
Date: January 14, 2012 06:36PM
cbelt,

Go 5 to 10 miles East to Painesville. We have 24 inches. Only had 3 to 4 last night. Our street is still not plowed. We all shoveled our drives but can't drive down the street yet. Still snowing now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 06:36PM by slbett.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020