advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Att Customer service is the lamest.
Posted by: decocritter
Date: January 20, 2012 06:46PM
Can't get billing straight since October. They tell you everything you want to hear, but no follow through. Will be on hold for 15-30 minutes each call. They are overcharging me.

They are bumping people out of old dsl plans by saying they are not available. They keep pushing more expensive UVerse in every conversation. I do not want uVerse. I do not want to pay more. They have a ton of ads on TV for low price plans, but they do not honor it, and pull a bait and switch.

Now the internet is at a slow crawl, and I have not been able to get anyone on the phone all day.

Their trucks have been out on the street all week. Whenever one of my neighbors gets Uverse, it takes a week for them to get it connected. Another reason I do not want it.

Why is this company not regulated?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Att Customer service is the lamest.
Posted by: rz
Date: January 20, 2012 06:52PM
[som.csudh.edu]
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: January 20, 2012 07:19PM
Verizon's the same.
Date: January 20, 2012 07:50PM
Finally got a human being in tech support. India. I feel sorry for these people. They have to hear the complaints.

ATT has reduced billing and customer service support to daytime hours, and they are not keeping up with their issues. Hold times are 30 minutes plus, with frequent disconnections at midpoint.

When you are on hold they are now advertising that they are hiring new support staff and if you are interested in a job to call, etc. I wonder how many workers got frustrated with the complaints on the current bait and switch. I was promised a return call from "higher up" by Wednesday of this week. I have never received a call, in over 8 days. My "plan" is not "sticking" in the computer system, therefore the overcharges....BS.

To add insult to injury, every human being, starts off with a UVERSE sales pitch. It makes me want to scream. How about addressing my current problem ?

I rarely had problems with my DSL from ATT (7 years) until they started this UVERSE business. And when you did have a problem, you could reach customer service. I really think they are the ones that CAUSE the trouble in the first place, so they can tell you the lines are obsolete and push you into higher priced services like Uverse

Boy, if their cell phone service is part of this sham, I am glad I never tried it. The dropped calls are so bad in Atlanta, I was never tempted.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 21, 2012 08:54AM
It's hard not to take out my frustrations on the service rep. In this type of situation I try to remain calm, but close the conversation with a short critique of my frustration with their company's policies and a polite request to pass my comments up the line. I don't know if they ever are, but I figure the rep is a lot more likely to do so than if I scream at them. Then I try to find another company to deal with. Of course, this is not alwaysossible.

P.S. I am very disappointed with Group Health, my new health insurance company (which I didn't pick).

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 21, 2012 02:41PM
You'll never get anywhere through ATT's front-line customer no-service. The different divisions don't talk to each other, and you're lucky if you don't get a "we're the phone company, we don't care, we don't have to" attitude.

Send an email, followed up with a certified letter to the CEO. That was the only way I was able to dig out from a similarly-horrific ATT snafu a couple of years ago. Nice kid in Executive Customer Service eventually cleaned it all up.

Randall Stephenson, AT&T CEO
rs2982@att.com (direct)
randall.stephenson@att.com
phone: 210-351-5401 (direct to his secretary)
fax 210-351-3553
alternate phone: 210-821-4105 (headquarters, press 3, ask for Mr. Stephenson's office)
175 E. Houston
San Antonio, TX 7820
Date: January 21, 2012 02:42PM
I never scream at the tech or rep. They can't exactly control what the person (or 4) before them did or did not do. I also want to increase my chances of getting the problem actually solved.

At the end of every ATT session, they tell me about the CS Survey I will be getting and ask if I think they did everything possible to solve my issues. I laugh and say it appears, you did.

My complaint is more on ATT's System of customer service, hold times, sketchy hours, and lack of follow through on the actual problem. The current bait and switch on plans is criminal, and it is well documented around the internet, as well as the overcharging and over billing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020