Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Do Not Call Not Working ? Here are Da Rules
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 14, 2012 12:26PM
[www.fcc.gov]

If you receive a telephone solicitation that you think violates any of these rules, you can file a complaint with the FCC. There is no charge for filing a complaint. You can file your complaint using an online complaint form.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Do Not Call Not Working ? Here are Da Rules
Posted by: srf1957
Date: February 14, 2012 12:51PM
But we are to busy to go after someone unless we think we can get a big fine. The state of Oregon had its own plan before FCC worked a whole lot better.
Posted by: hal
Date: February 14, 2012 12:57PM
the real phone spammers are hard to nail since you can't get any info on them unless you go through GREAT pains - like actually setting up an appt to get those dirty rugs cleaned...
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: February 14, 2012 01:14PM
Hopefully I got the NRA to stop calling yesterday. I asked to be removed and the lady was very nice about it.

Grateful11
Posted by: Wags
Date: February 14, 2012 01:28PM
If they're off shore there's little that can be done to them. I've been using a free app on my Android phone that stops about 80% of them. Still, PIA
Posted by: OWC Jamie
Date: February 14, 2012 01:29PM
I've gotten more robocalls for political activists than ever in the last 6 weeks. And both my cells are on the DNC list... so obviously they are dialing every number in the book. I guess proof would be when both cells rang within 20 seconds of each other - the numbers are in order.

Good Luck!
Jamie Dresser
Other World Computing
Posted by: JoeH
Date: February 14, 2012 01:30PM
"Credit Card Services" has been out there and complained about, reported and gone after for at least 5 years, but still keeps coming back. The FTC has not managed to shut them or other operations like them down. I understand they did get bounced out of CA years ago, and a couple years ago from FL, but they just set up operations in a new location. The latest scam to avoid DNC is to frame the solicitation as being a survey for which you will get a free cruise (port fees and other expenses not included).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 01:31PM by JoeH.
Posted by: JPK
Date: February 14, 2012 02:06PM
Jamie,

Of course the politicians exempted political calls from the "DO NOT CALL" program.

I have just resolved to not vote for candidates who robo-call. It is getting more difficult to exercise my right to vote these days - it seems like everyone is using that tact.

JPK
Posted by: rz
Date: February 14, 2012 03:22PM
A couple of years ago, I kept getting robocalled by a certain local politician. I called the number that showed up on the caller ID, and got an answering machine. Sailors would probably blush after hearing the profanity-laden tirade I left on that machine.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 14, 2012 05:38PM
My cell has started getting calls that end up being listed on the tracking sites as the 'survey for cruise ships' scam. Every call it is a different number because I tag them as "scammer 00xx" after the call ends. I am up to 31 different numbers so far, usually either from Portland or L.A. area codes.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: February 14, 2012 06:55PM
I just got a call from one about a survey - and they say after the survey, you can try to get a free... whatever. I NEVER listen to them to the end, and put them on my reject list. They have only come in on my cell.

Hmmm, I am waiting for the day when PHONES, all of them, inclulding cell, are out of date! Use nothing but text, or something...

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: slbett
Date: February 14, 2012 09:19PM
Jamie, political and charity calls are exempt. A necessary evil, maybe. I always wonder if the ones who complain the most actually vote or even know who represents them. To me, it is a minor issue. At least it lets some people know there is even an election. It bothers me more the number of people who don't vote.
Posted by: Wags
Date: February 14, 2012 09:24PM
The worst thing you can do to phone solicitor is keep them on the line as long as possible, then don't buy anything. Seems sort of petty, though.

It was more fun when they still came door to door. Back in my reckless partying years a group of us had a couple apartments next door to each other. I hazily remember an encyclopedia salesman being driven to tears in a packed living room by one of my depraved buddies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020