AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
41 megapixel camera in a phone
Posted by: Drew
Date: February 27, 2012 09:29AM
[mashable.com]

New Nokia 808.

Edit to add:
“The technology means that taking typically sized shots (say, 5 megapixels) the camera can use oversampling to combine up to seven pixels into one “pure” pixel, eliminating the visual noise found on other mobile phone cameras. On top of that, you can zoom in up to 3X without losing any of the details in your shot – and there’s no artificially created pixels in your picture, either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2012 09:31AM by Drew.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 41 megapixel camera in a phone
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: February 27, 2012 09:38AM
Wow, forget the Nikon D800, I am in for 41mp of pure digital phone based imaging.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: john dough
Date: February 27, 2012 10:12AM
They are going to put this one to shame:

[www.bhphotovideo.com]

Heck, the Hassleblad does not even have a Facebook app. What a ripoff!
Posted by: freeradical
Date: February 27, 2012 11:08AM
Should Hasselblad be worrying about the D800/D800E?
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: February 27, 2012 11:44AM
I like their approach to the technology, it will be interesting to see how it works in practice. The sensor size (1/1.2) is bigger than any put in a P&S camera (2/3 max) though smaller than the 4/3 cameras, and the pixel binning is reminiscent of the Fuji SuperHAD cameras when used for noise reduction or dynamic range increase.

Full zoom is where it will be interesting as it will be the equivalent of an optical zoom except that since it will be 1:1 pixels at full zoom, you won't get the advantages of the multiple pixel binning for noise reduction. I'm assuming there will be increasing noise as you zoom in, though the resolution will stay the same until it's swamped by noise.

It's an almost analog take on digital photography - take in a ton of data so that the data from any individual pixel is meaningless until combined with all the others into the desired final image. There is a lot of flexibility here.

I want one!
Posted by: silvarios
Date: February 27, 2012 12:20PM
I want one as well. Doubt it will make it to the USA. Oh well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020