Date: July 19, 2006 01:50PM
[sportsillustrated.cnn.com]

OOPS!

Unpaid Social Liaison
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Cubs coach attempts to connect with the fans:
Posted by: blusubaru
Date: July 19, 2006 02:20PM
LOL. Perhaps out celebrating the end, eh Spearmint?
Posted by: spearmint
Date: July 19, 2006 02:24PM
I was hoping Speier might be Dustmite's replacement, this will probably kill that. Some say Bob Brenly from the broadcast booth. Others say Larry Rothschild the pitching coach. Not that does not make any sense to me given the Cubs' pitching they are going to reward him by becoming manager? Hendry is such a true, dyed in the wool, big time moran. He may keep Dusty to the end of the year but that has got to be it by laws of nature and humanity.

Da Good Life
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 19, 2006 04:16PM
So Hendry would be wise to hire Rothchild? I don't get Cubs fans. You hate the winners and love the losers.
Date: July 19, 2006 05:27PM
A lot of adult beverages and also funny cigarettes in the Bleachers impair our judgement. If you ever been to a game at Wrigley you would be a fan too. I have been to many MLB parks and nothing comes close to the park and experience. It's also a block from the elevated and a lotta nice joints nearby. Also only park where you can get Smokie Links.

The season after I got out of the service I went to 79 of 81 games. You know what? The more you go the better it gets. Now I am homesick.

Heaven on Clark Street.
Date: July 19, 2006 07:04PM
spearmint, if I can get my act together, I hope to visit my Uncle Freddie in Chicago next year and actually partake of Wrigley. I'll wear my Dodgers shirt under another shirt. Chicago is a great place.
Date: July 19, 2006 09:01PM
Vision, plan ahead on the tickets. Every game is sold out. The Cubs in their charitable way have a "premium" ticket outlet a half a block away where they rip you off with prices. Take the "L" to the game from parking somewhere else. Parking is a btch.

Of course there are the scalpers but cops have cracked down this somewhat.

Meet ya at the Cubby Bear Lounge for some 16 ouncers before and after game and a few during game.

Da Good Life

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2006 09:05PM by spearmint.
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 19, 2006 11:47PM
What's wrong with Ron Santo? Personally, bfd's hoping they'll pull the chain on a certain card playing cubwrecker … well, cards is about all he does now, cards and golf tournaments … but once upon a time:

btw, you can catch him playing cards all day this Friday:

07-21-2006 12:00 PM Pechanga Celebrity Poker Challenge - No Limit Texas Hold'em tournament.

Celebrity players include Jack Wagner, Jeremy Roenick,
Kurt Bevacqua, Richard Karn and Mark Rypien

Fox Sports Prime
Date: July 20, 2006 11:15AM
Thanks spearmint. I see that I gotta battle for tix. I don't mind. Of course, gotta hook up with Freddie and see when the Dodgers play the Cubs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 198
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020