advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Verizon vs Sprint vs AT&T for iPhone 4S
Posted by: bedouin
Date: May 31, 2012 07:28PM
My girlfriend and I currently have Verizon and are ready for an upgrade. We want to pick up the iPhone 4S.

But I don't think we should stick with Verizon. My brother has his iPhone with Sprint and I have other friends with AT&T for their iPhones.

I am not really concerned with coverage as they all seems to be ok in my area (South of Tampa Bay, FL).

I like the unlimited data from Sprint.

Anyone care to give their opinion?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Verizon vs Sprint vs AT&T for iPhone 4S
Posted by: dad@home
Date: May 31, 2012 07:39PM
When I got my 4S I switched from Verizon to Sprint. Compared to Verizon I find the reception just as good here in Eastern Washington and North Idaho.

My daughter is stuck with an AT&T and she is always losing service.

The unlimited data is great but if you use it to tether another device to it they both charge you extra and limit you to (I think) 5 Gb.

When the kids contracts expire I will probably add them to Sprint (the family plan gets a lot better at phone #3 plus).

dad
Posted by: abevilac
Date: May 31, 2012 08:02PM
Last fall, I went w/ Verizon [given that reception for both ATT and Vrz are the same in my area] because Verizon will unlock the GSM part of the phone and allow you to use it overseas w/ a sim purchased over there. I travel a bit to Europe so this was a draw for me.
Date: May 31, 2012 08:03PM
I am really leaning towards Sprint.

I hate to get the 4S with the 5 to will hopefully be out no later than September??
Date: May 31, 2012 08:04PM
Good point as I may be working in the middle east soon.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 31, 2012 09:06PM
If you can wait, an LTE iPhone is going to be much faster than any current phones.
Posted by: robfilms
Date: May 31, 2012 09:24PM
i'm a sprint fan

my coverage area is a major northeastern urban area so i have been very pleased for the past 16 years.

ymmv

be well.

rob
Posted by: MGS_forgot_password
Date: May 31, 2012 10:46PM
Well, if you are going to be out of the country any, you may want to look into which one is best about unlocking the iPhone for using foreign SIMs. I believe ATT won't do it until you are out of contract. I did it with Verizon after only having the phone a few months.
Posted by: Carm
Date: June 01, 2012 12:57AM
Sprint plan here also. Waiting for my contract to come up again. Wife just got the 4S and loves it. Hopefully there is a new phone when my contract expires. It will only cost me $40 a month because I have an old SERO plan. My wife gets an employer/gov. discount which lowers her bill to $65 a month before taxes,fees.

Att and T mobil suck for service here in Coachella Valley. Verizon is king with Sprint in second place for service.
Posted by: pinion
Date: June 01, 2012 10:54AM
I'm on AT&T and I hate them. Service sucks sometimes even though I'm in a major city and they throttle my unlimited plan to barely useable at .25 mbps if I go over 3 GB, which I always seem to do although now that I've turned off iCloud syncing I think I found the culprit. Supposedly you can just tell it not to sync over cellular but that wasn't working either. When I called AT&T for help they said "We guarantee you'll get unlimited data but won't guarantee how fast it will be" with a smirk on her face, I could hear it! It's that sort of shady behavior and smugness and "Screw the customer" mentality that makes me want to drop AT&T. I hear Verizon isn't much better. I have a close friend who is actually on Sprint. Their coverage isn't as good as AT&T's even in the city and Sprint won't work at all in the building I'm in. But when I had Sprint about 3 years ago I always liked them and never had a problem with them or support. The only issue my friend has is his data is much slower than mine just about anywhere. But it's unlimited! (for now)

---“What you permit, you promote. What you allow, you encourage. What you condone, you own.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020