advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best case for iPhone 4s??
Posted by: chopper
Date: June 27, 2012 08:14PM
I need to get my sig other a protective case for an iPhone 4 S. Is there a consensus on which ones is the best, and also the least intrusive?

A teenager I in part made says "get the otterbox".

Me: which one?

Him: don't get the black one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2012 08:14PM by chopper.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best case for iPhone 4s??
Posted by: rz
Date: June 27, 2012 08:48PM
My wife and I both have one that has a clip that expands out to a stand. I think it was made by Duracell of all companies. She found them for $9.99 at Marshalls.
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 27, 2012 08:49PM
Not sure if there is such a thing?

Kinda like asking "whats the best 4 door car?"

Is there a budget? or color? or need to be thin?

My wife would like one from kate spade. I would like one from switcheasy.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: June 27, 2012 08:57PM
I like the Lifeproof case when i need a case. Most of the time mine goes nekkid...but in risky situations with water and wetness involved, the Lifeproof case goes back on.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: p8712
Date: June 27, 2012 09:10PM
Love my Griffin Survivor, but it's not for everyone.
Posted by: colonel panic
Date: June 27, 2012 10:11PM
I like my Incipio Feather case. Light weight and offers good protection.

"They don't call me Colonel because I'm some dumb a$$ army guy" Colonel Homer J. Simpson
Posted by: Carm
Date: June 27, 2012 10:58PM
Otterbox Defender. [www.otterbox.com]

They make more than one case for the iPhone 4s. The Defender series is supposed to be the best of the otterbox cases. Not waterproof though. Rep at a tech convention said they are comming out with a waterproof case soon.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 28, 2012 12:21AM
I got the SwitchEasy TRIM™ in black.

There are other colors, but other than the white, I don't care for any of them. A similar case in bright yellow would be great! Or Canary Yellow.

Any way, the case doesn't add much bulk to the 'Phone and gives it plenty of grip. It's got screens and port plugs, but I don't use them. Well, I used one of their screen for the back of the 'Phone and a BodyGuardz shield for the front.

But case can be very individual choices, so let your SO have a look at your offerings.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: June 28, 2012 03:46AM
Elementcase Ion 4. It's a bit pricey (~$40) but I'm happy with it.

[www.elementcase.com]

[www.amazon.com]

My daily record blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]
Subscribe here: [www.getrevue.co]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: June 28, 2012 07:58AM
Chopper posted that he is looking for an iPhone case that is the "least intrusive." All of the cases posted above look mighty intrusive to me, IMHO.

I picked up this clear crystal case for $3 from Shop4Tech.com (with free shipping) and it looks like my 4S is wearing nothing at all! I ordered a few as backups.
Posted by: decay
Date: June 28, 2012 09:41AM
for this price, this is one great case. sturdy yet not too bulky.

[www.amazon.com]

Acase iPhone 4 and 4S Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) case (Fits AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4 and 4S)

A great combination of polycarbonate and silicone. We use the finest materials to create this case: The case part is made of silicone, which gently protects the iPhone 4 4S from scratches and impact. The headphone jack and charging port are covered with silicone, which prevent dusts from entering into the ports, and when you want to use the ports, simply slip the silicone parts open. On the top of the silicone case is a removable polycarbonate cover that sprayed with rubber coat, which is anti-fingerprint, dust proof, and provides a comfortable grip. The side of the case is slightly higher than the iPhone4 screen, so the case can not only protect the side of your iPhone 4 4S, but also your screen.

red/black also
[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2012 09:43AM by decay.
Posted by: particleman
Date: June 28, 2012 12:10PM
I got the OtterBox Reflex. I like it well enough.

Pros:

-Fairly robust with a raised lip on the front to help protect the screen
-Doesn't add too much bulk.
-Easy to remove the lower half for docking or connecting my external battery which needs to be flush against the bottom of the iPhone
-Comes with a screen protector

Cons:

-Dimensions for dock connector port on case are designed for the Apple cable and thus too small for many third party cables. This is ameliorated by the easy to remove lower section
-Headphone is also sized for the Apple headphone dimensions so it is more difficult to use headphones with larger plug diameters

All said, I may check out some of the suggestions in this thread. The Elementcase looks interesting but I wonder how hard it would be to remove
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: June 28, 2012 12:41PM
particleman
The Elementcase looks interesting but I wonder how hard it would be to remove

Very easy. Not as easy as a simple piece of silicone, but no big deal nonetheless.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: June 28, 2012 01:58PM
Chopper,

In looking at cases for my iphone 3GS, I found great protection and least intrusive conflict with each other. My case of choice at that time became the Otterbox Defender. It performed admirably and I would get another one for that phone without hesitation.

I replaced the 3GS with an iPhone 4S and great protection and least intrusive still conflicts with each other. I didn't like the initial design of the Otterbox Defender for the 4S and went with the Griffin Survivor. Great case. Otterbox revised the Defender for the 4S and I'd consider that now, too.

Either way, for my purposes, great protection and least intrusive still conflict with each other. But, for me, I'll choose a case that offers great protection and deal with some intrusiveness. If I went for a case that didn't offer the kind of protection provided by the Otterbox Defender or or Griffin Survivor, I'd be replacing my phone _way_ too often.

As usual, what works and is suitable for me isn't necessarily appropriate for you, though. You'll have to gauge how much intrusiveness is too intrusive based on your SO's usage and preference.

FWIW, Griffin is having a 25% off sale right now. I'd definitely take a looksie to see what they have to offer, if nothing else you may find somethign that works and save some money, too. smiling smiley

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2012 01:58PM by Robert M.
Posted by: colonel panic
Date: June 28, 2012 08:53PM
the_poochies
Chopper posted that he is looking for an iPhone case that is the "least intrusive." All of the cases posted above look mighty intrusive to me, IMHO.

The Incipio Feather I mentioned above is extremely light weight. If it wasn't for the texture, which is feels great in your hand, you could barely tell there was a case on the phone.

"They don't call me Colonel because I'm some dumb a$$ army guy" Colonel Homer J. Simpson
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020