advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Well, the Oregon Coast trip was fun
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: July 24, 2006 02:35PM
There were some difficulties but we made it fun working through them. Here's a little background: [forums.macresource.com]

We were unable to find a place to stay before we left. We figured we would find a place when we got there. Well, our timing wasn't good. It went over 100 in Portland and I think half of Oregon hit the coast. No hotel rooms, none. No vacation rental vacancies. No camp sites and OR's online camp site reservation system lacks some basic logic.

Of course, one can't book a hotel room online in such short notice. We ended up deciding to head to Portland. We checked every 4 star hotel in the city - no vacancies.

Now keep in mind we drove from Seattle, down the coast, back up and over to Portland... We end up finding a room in Portland. Then we decide to drive back over to the coast on Sunday and have fun again smiling smiley

We spent a lot of time on the road, and this was our first trip with this car. It was quite a lot of fun to drive. I recently drove a 745 for quite a stretch. Although I enjoyed its vented, massaging, VERY adjustable seats... our car was actually more fun to drive. We easily passed any car we needed to, even going up steep grades.

We're going to do the trip again soon smiling smiley

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Well, the Oregon Coast trip was fun
Posted by: Jp!
Date: July 24, 2006 02:43PM
good.
Posted by: Phy
Date: July 24, 2006 08:25PM
Next time look at the long-range weather reports.
Oregon coast is so beautiful-- but more enjoyable when you can stay on-site.
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: July 24, 2006 08:30PM
Phy
Next time look at the long-range weather reports.
Oregon coast is so beautiful-- but more enjoyable when you can stay on-site.

Heh, well, as mentioned in the other thread we found out on Thursday that our other plans weren't going to happen.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: Don C
Date: July 24, 2006 11:12PM
Our trip driving up the coast the end of June was great. We drove from San Francisco to Newport, OR to Portland and finally to Seattle. Weather on the coast was chilly, what with a stiff wind from the north, and more fog that we would have preferred but you take the weather that you get, I guess.

I was slow developing the trip plan and making reservations in Newport was later than it should have been, but we were lucky. A week later ... shoot, a DAY later and we'd have been in trouble, at least for on-the-coast places, but it turned out fine. Stayed one night in Portland and got the next to the last room in the first place we tried.

Rental car (Pontiac) was fine for what we were doing. Too much gawking to need to any speed! Would have been fun in my '97 Z3 though!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020