advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Intervalometers and kite photography
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 10, 2012 03:29PM
So the thread below got me thinking. I've got a few older (Non DSL) digital cameras sitting around. And a bunch of boy scouts. And I can get a small tank of Helium and a big Mylar balloon. And a few thousand feet of high test monofilament. And a 'space exploration' merit badge experiment.

Doing some cheap aerial photography sounds like a cool activity.

Is there a generic shutter release device that I can use and program for a shot every second or so ? Or should I just plan on putting a newer camera aloft with HD video recording capability, and take the resultant video apart ?

TIA !
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Intervalometers and kite photography
Posted by: archipirata
Date: July 10, 2012 03:43PM
There are no universal intervalometers out there as each camera system has its own proprietary connector/interface. While most DSLRs have remote ports, most point and shoots may not. Some of the higher end models do though. So to answer your question, you need to check the camera you want to use to see if it has remote connection capability then check to see if an intervalometer exists for that system. Some cameras have built in interval functionality but again, you would have to check the specific model.

Check DPreview.com, they have a search function and you can search for only models with time lapse function.

Athens, OH
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: July 10, 2012 05:07PM
Can I join your troop?

That sounds like a lot of fun!

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 11, 2012 02:14AM
Have you heard about Lego Man in Space, that a couple of Canadian kids did.

[www.cbc.ca]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 251
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020