advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Airport Express not working with Speedstream 5667 modem
Posted by: sandratm
Date: July 18, 2012 11:38AM
Can anyone help me out here. Why won't my Airport Express work with my modem. It keeps saying no internet signal. Tells me that i have to connect the device to the modem using the WAN port but it is! The modem works...the lights are on. The cable connection between the devices are good too. What's going on heresad smiley Anyone??

Zsandra
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Airport Express not working with Speedstream 5667 modem
Posted by: flareslow
Date: July 18, 2012 12:12PM
Connect the modem directly to the computer to see if you really don't have internet. If you have internet, you may need to have the airport express spoof the mac address of the computer used to set up your internet connection. I've had to do this in the past with certain ISP's who wanted you to pay for the "privilege" of routing your internet connection.
Posted by: sandratm
Date: July 18, 2012 12:59PM
That's the problem, I can't cnx it directly to the PC as I have only 1 phone jack & it's on the mainfloor while my PC is upstairssad smiley I'm doing this wirelessly. My wireless cnx'tion is good too. I think the problem lies with the modem. The airport express is not getting a signal from it. I'm trying to figure out why it's not reading the modem.
Posted by: silvarios
Date: July 18, 2012 01:03PM
DSL modem? Probably a router as well. Try turning the modem into bridge mode. Do you have the old Express? If so, funny it would make mention of the WAN port since there is only one port on the Express (it can be a WAN or a LAN depending on the Express configuration). Make sure the Express is configured properly as well. You want to share a single public IP address.
Posted by: kj4btkljv
Date: July 18, 2012 02:12PM
silvarios
DSL modem? Probably a router as well. Try turning the modem into bridge mode.

I think that modem is way too old to be using any of those tricks. If I'm not mistaken, my mother-in-law has a very similar modem, and it's gotta be 8+ years old.

Jeff
Posted by: silvarios
Date: July 18, 2012 02:44PM
kj4btkljv
silvarios
DSL modem? Probably a router as well. Try turning the modem into bridge mode.

I think that modem is way too old to be using any of those tricks. If I'm not mistaken, my mother-in-law has a very similar modem, and it's gotta be 8+ years old.

Jeff

My first DSL modem in 2004 was a router and modem in one. Only had one LAN Ethernet port. To hook up multiple devices you could connect a switch.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: July 18, 2012 05:19PM
sandratm
Can anyone help me out here. Why won't my Airport Express work with my modem. It keeps saying no internet signal. Tells me that i have to connect the device to the modem using the WAN port but it is! The modem works...the lights are on. The cable connection between the devices are good too. What's going on heresad smiley Anyone??

Zsandra

If you had the modem connected directly to the Mac and then disconnected the Mac and connected the modem, it won't work. The modem is looking for your Mac, and will accept nothing else.

You need to unpower (pull Plug) the modem (essentially making the modem forget the Mac), and THEN make the connection. Then turn on modem and wait for the lights to get to the normal condition. The AE should again show it is active, and your Mac should see the wifi and get online.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020