advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iTunes problem
Posted by: wickedsteve
Date: September 26, 2012 01:06PM
Is there a way to delete and import my entire iTunes library all over again without losing songs from my playlists? Some songs are not playing to the end and skipping to the next song unexpectedly. I can fix each one by copying the file, deleting the song from iTunes and then importing the copy back into iTunes. But then that song is gone from any playlists. And every time I listen to my library I find some songs that won't play to the end. I just want to fix all the problem songs without waiting to find them among thousands of songs. But then I won't have any songs in my playlists.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iTunes problem
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: September 26, 2012 01:37PM
wickedsteve
Is there a way to delete and import my entire iTunes library all over again without losing songs from my playlists? Some songs are not playing to the end and skipping to the next song unexpectedly. I can fix each one by copying the file, deleting the song from iTunes and then importing the copy back into iTunes. But then that song is gone from any playlists. And every time I listen to my library I find some songs that won't play to the end. I just want to fix all the problem songs without waiting to find them among thousands of songs. But then I won't have any songs in my playlists.

There are no problems. Only opportunities to learn.

turbo naughty smiley
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 26, 2012 03:58PM
When you re-import, is the file name identical? Dunno if that would fix it.

You can drag your music or media folder into iTunes' window and it'll re-index. Dunno if that would fix the problem. Dunno if you'd lose playlists that way but you for sure would if you trashed the XML and library files.
Posted by: decay
Date: September 27, 2012 12:10PM
Doug has some playlist scripts you could explore

[dougscripts.com]

---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020