advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Using Airport Express (AE) and AirTunes... play at multiple sites?
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: January 03, 2006 11:08PM
I am using 2 Airport Express' with AirTunes. I can only select one AE or computer to play at any one time. Is this a software thing? Or, is this a hardware constraint?

I would really like to play at multiple AEs at the same time. Or, at least at computer and one of the AEs at the same time...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2006 11:10PM by SKYLANE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Using Airport Express (AE) and AirTunes... play at multiple sites?
Posted by: guitarist
Date: January 03, 2006 11:20PM
It's not designed to broadcast to multiple locations. Select among available locations, but not simultaneously.
Date: January 03, 2006 11:51PM
I know its not designed to broadcast to multiple locations. I was wondering if that limitation was a software limitation or a hardware limitation.
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: January 04, 2006 12:54AM
I read a couple of weeks ago either here or the 'old' forum that the next version of Rogue Amoeba's Soundfoil (version 2) will allow one to send music to more than one Airport Express simultaneously.

I just found a link about it on their website.

[www.rogueamoeba.com]

Looking forward to the update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2006 12:54AM by Gilbert.
Posted by: guitarist
Date: January 04, 2006 01:15AM
Yes, clearly, it doesn't do something you're attempting to do with it. My point is, the premise itself is questionable. If your efforts to make a product do something contrary to its intended use fail, you've automatically come to the conclusion that it's a "limitation". Then wonder which kind of limitation it is. As if your conclusion made sense in the first place. If you try to drive an automobile in two directions at once, and the car doesn't respond to your wish, would you ask if it's a design or manufacturing limitation? Maybe it's a user limitation?

Date: January 04, 2006 11:06AM
Thanks Gilbert.

Looks like Airfoil shows some promise. This will allow me to stream other Audio as well to AE. Since I am a XM Subscriber, I also get XM over the internet for free. Looks like I may be able to stream XM to AE now with Airfoil! Thanks...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 70
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020