advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mini-Storage for a Projection TV?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: August 08, 2006 05:43PM
I have a 57" Toshiba rear projection HDTV that I need to store because I am moving to a smaller place for 6 months or so. I was going to get a mini storage unit for it and most of my furniture. Then I got to thinking about how cold it gets in Iowa in the winter and the temperature swings. I googled and didn't see anything that addressed this issue. I guess my option are to either: 1. Squeeze it in the small space I have 2. Put it in storage and hope for the best. 3. Let a friend use it for 6 months. 4. Sell it and buy a new one in 6 months.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mini-Storage for a Projection TV?
Posted by: papercup
Date: August 08, 2006 05:51PM
I would avoid excess moving of a projection TV because of alignment issues, but that being said there are many "new-style" mini storage places that have climate controlled buildings as well as outdoor garages.
Posted by: LyleH
Date: August 08, 2006 09:50PM
Prices keep dropping rapidly on Projection TV's. If you can get a good price you might sell it now and in 6 months or so there will be some better technology for less money. I've been watching the HDTV prices drop, partly as a result of excess production capabilities of some of the companies. Also, January & February would be a time when prices are quite low - after the Christmas rush.

LyleH
Posted by: mikebw
Date: August 09, 2006 05:33AM
yeah, I would consider selling as well. 2nd choice would be to let a friend borrow, avoiding the risk of a storage unit as a last resort.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 275
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020