advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Meritline, still a mess
Posted by: Mr645
Date: December 24, 2012 08:54PM
Years ago my company blacklisted them due to several issues with them. After at least 5 years we gave them another try. Ordered an item on Dec 10th and the order said it would ship within one week.

It's still "In Warehouse" according to the status
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Meritline, still a mess
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 24, 2012 09:16PM
Long Chinese supply chain . Cheap and untimely. But the price balances . But I agree .. Never use for mission critical needs.
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: December 24, 2012 09:24PM
...And although they often beat SupermediaStore in base-price on optical media (which is what they made their initial reputation on), they usually add so much for shipping that it makes no sense to order from them.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: December 24, 2012 09:57PM
Chakravartin
...And although they often beat SupermediaStore in base-price on optical media (which is what they made their initial reputation on), they usually add so much for shipping that it makes no sense to order from them.

In their catchment area here in L.A., the shipping is actually quick and reasonable; they even have courier service. Don't know what the rates are for the other parts of the country, but will take your word for it that the over all price may not make sense-- that's a fairly regular conundrum.

///

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: hal
Date: December 24, 2012 10:03PM
They're still on my black list... nothin' but cheap landfill fodder...
Posted by: lafinfil
Date: December 24, 2012 10:27PM
Where else you gonna get your Bruce Lee flash drives ?

Posted by: DRR
Date: December 25, 2012 01:21AM
I tried to call and get a refund for a wrong item that was shipped to me. I refused to pay return shipping because it wasn't my mistake. Because of this refusal I was subjected to rude service and childish games like put-them-on-hold-and-leave-them-there and then when i called back, they didn't bother picking up.

That was 8 years ago. Never again will I do business with them. I don't care how good the deal is.
Date: December 25, 2012 07:06AM
Yea, something like that. Ordered a bunch of DVD-R's and they sent a generic instead of a bulk packed branded disc. Since they were hub printable I didn't catch the error until I had used up my previous inventory. I called them and since it was after 30 days, they refused to exchange or take them back.

I just ordered a little item I saw and figured I'll give them a chance again. Oh well. Not a big deal.
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: December 25, 2012 12:43PM
I never had a problem with them and I order stuff 2-3 times a month. I even had to contact Customer Service about an order and they were responsive.

Yes, the stuff is generally cheap Chinese-made crap, but where else can I order 20 LED camping lanterns for Little Poochie's Cub Scout pack for $50?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 25, 2012 01:14PM
I repeatedly sign up for their circular but my ISP must be blocking it.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: December 26, 2012 12:19PM
Ok, so today I get an e-mail that my order has been cancelled because they cannot forfill the order.

16 days after the order was placed, 9 days after it was supposed to ship.

Back to the black list
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020