advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sunday morning: what are you doing...?
Posted by: jardster
Date: August 13, 2006 06:10AM
I'm in the basement with the kids with some quiet music on. It's my wife's morning to sleep in. Soon, gotta go make some strawberry pancakes for the 4 year old. All this before 730am. What do kids think they are missing while they are asleep?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sunday morning: what are you doing...?
Posted by: Golfer
Date: August 13, 2006 06:51AM
6:40 and just got home from a 12 hour shift. Just sitting in the easy chair trying to unwind before thinking about bed.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 13, 2006 07:35AM
Trying to get woke up so I can take my 17yo to church. Wife's still asleep.

Grateful11
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 13, 2006 08:15AM
Off to direct and compete in a rifle match...
Last one of this particular discipline for the year.

Last opportunity to kick butt until next may smiling smiley

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: New.Dad
Date: August 13, 2006 08:29AM
I am expecting my parent to come visit us from Europe, it's the first time they'll meet the little one (10 months old). So far they've known him from photos, videos, and web cam. We are quite nervous! I am not sure how he'll react. Usually his shy with strangers, but after a few minutes he relaxes and he's OK. The problem this time is that they'll be staying with us and he might think they're invading his space... LOL!
Posted by: spacescape
Date: August 13, 2006 08:32AM
Trying to avoid the phone due to another member of my wife's family trying to involve us w/ their newest crisis. I love her family but this is the first day I've look forward to in quite some time and we heard a message from 6:30 AM that may change our plans today and my wife and I aren't sure we want to be involved.

On that note... It's beautiful out... Boy is fed (cherrio's, some scrambled egg, toast and jelly and TONS of watermelon).

It's 9:30 and trying to get moving. Oh, and I noticed the front window and storm door glass need windexing... And the stainless refrigerator needs cleaning from cat hair...

Have a great day.
Bill
Posted by: spearmint
Date: August 13, 2006 08:43AM
Wishing I could have slept in instead of waking up at 6:00. Gonna be a long day.

Da Good Life
Posted by: estnyc
Date: August 13, 2006 08:48AM
Labelling some MiniDV tapes.

Later, either rollerblading in Central Park, walking to the Met Museum, taking a ballet class (don't start!) or all three.

Man, I love living here.

Posted by: Blurb
Date: August 13, 2006 09:02AM
Minty, are you doing any better? Hope so. Sorry you've been going through a hard stretch of time.

(no intent to hijack the thread; everybody carry on....)
Posted by: IronMac
Date: August 13, 2006 09:07AM
Been up since 3:30 am EST...may take nap soon.
Posted by: mrthuse
Date: August 13, 2006 09:17AM
drinking coffee and doing the ny times crossword
Posted by: Jp!
Date: August 13, 2006 09:23AM
I have errr, well, husband duties. Good ones.
Put in a new 3-way. Not related to above. A wall switch.
Showered.
Took care of dog.
Cooked/ate.
Watched Fox news for first time, that Sen. Primary winner was on. Plus Chertoff.
Planned my work today. Paint house(some parts), Put up shutters.Spray weed killer, take kids for ice cream, put up a supergate (indoor gate), watch Toast video conversion, find kneeling chair on web (Office Depot has one for $50) for office, check on work/do weekly time sheets of my subordinates, etc.
Perhaps scan the Chrysler/Jeep Compass pamphlet that salesmen use for comparison to cars like CR-V, for BGnR's arguments points. smiling smiley
Do something neat on last day of Summer Vacation with the kids.
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: August 13, 2006 09:24AM
Among the laundry and housecleaning; I am going to convince myself that I am really going to start it all over again tomorrow morning.

Work has been absolutely insane.

I was involved in an incident on the job involving safety and the lack of following procedures (decision made by superior). I have been through medical testing. During the tests, something came up on the x-rays. No one is elaborating. I have the displeasure of having had a week to think (and worry about it). Hopefully, I should know more in a couple of days.

Times like this, I kick myself for chasing the dollar.

I sit on a man’s back, choking him and making
him carry me, and yet assure myself and others
that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his
lot by all possible means — except by getting off
his back. - Leo Tolstoy, novelist and Philosopher
(1828-1910)

Posted by: dmann
Date: August 13, 2006 09:27AM
It's absolutely beautiful here today. I took Cooper for a nice walk and am now getting ready to dive into the Sunday paper and a Thai iced coffee.

Later I'll head out to my sister's to drop off some travel goodies for my niece. She is going to Costa Rica for a week as part of a HS educational program. This will be her first time traveling without her parents.

I figure Teen People Magazine, a travel journal, a puzzle book, disposable cameras and a Rachel Ray quick recipe magazine (niece is a huge fan) will help her pass the time on the flights!

DM
Posted by: davester
Date: August 13, 2006 09:32AM
I just got up (7:30). Everyone else is still asleep. I'll make some tea for me and the wife, have some toast and marmalade, unpack the car from our boogieboarding at the beach trip yesterday, try to get the kids to wash the dog (he's still full of sand and salt), put the finishing touches on a vintage stove I'm restoring (in prep for installing in our kitchen), do a bit of yard work, then head off to play soccer with my buddies.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: swampy
Date: August 13, 2006 09:51AM
Finishing up a FileMaker database for the local Chamber of Commerce so they can do some special billing, then the CC secretary is coming over for lessons on how to use it.

If you don't stand for something, you'll probably fall for anything.t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2006 09:52AM by swampy.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: August 13, 2006 10:01AM
Got up at 7am, fed the kids, skipping church as there is a special speaker today that isn't our favorite, will be brewing beer in another hour or two.

Dave
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 13, 2006 10:13AM
just got in to work for 12 hours of watching paint dry

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: chas_m
Date: August 13, 2006 10:43AM
Boy do *I* feel like the oddball here! smiling smiley

I slept in. I actually woke up around 9:30-10 but just lolled around in bed for an hour. Saturdays are my "busy" weekend days (errands, teach class, visit friends etc).

Sunday for me is my one true holiday. As an aetheist, I don't have to go anywhere or worship anything, so my plan for today is to do some reading, perhaps go swimming later, watch a movie (in the cinema, I mean), drop off a hard drive to a computer-consultant friend of mine (he asked me to batch rename a bunch of stuff) have dinner with my father, and end the day with an episode of Doctor Who, all in the company of my loverly wife.

Oh, did I mention that I don't have kids either? I know children are (on the whole) a joy, but frankly I quite like not having that responsibility, particularly on days off.

As I write this I'm just waiting for my wife to finish cooking eggs, sausage and toast for brunch. Yum!

You people achieve entirely too much. You should look into getting more Slack in your life. Here ya go: [en.wikipedia.org] (scroll down to the part about "Slack")

chas_m

[crawlingfromtheusa.blogspot.com] <-- Moving to Canada blog
Posted by: blooz
Date: August 13, 2006 11:33AM
I went to church, our nice little Congregational church which accommodates border-line agnostics like me. Nice conversation, now for lunch and settling in to do what mrthuse is doing.
Then i may take a nap. Try not to achieve too much today.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: spacescape
Date: August 13, 2006 11:58AM
Well, to add excitement to my day I just cleaned up a headless rabbit. YUM. I explained to my wife yelling help over a DEAD rabbit is not a good idea!

I did take the boy to breakfast with my mom and dad while my wife took a tub bath. Now I'm going on my grandma's boat w/ my family.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2006 11:58AM by spacescape.
Posted by: Jp!
Date: August 13, 2006 01:19PM
I added some stuff that I did. Got a yard tool (rake) organizer, put it together, implemented it.

Move some landscape timbers to decrease size of kids' play area. It's too big. Tore out three different wasp/bee hive thingies.

Bought/put in and am in the testing mode for a new motion sensor switch, so when we approach the kitchen counter, the under-cabinet lights come on.

Noticed that the Jeep Compass is the sponsor car of some BMX race on TV just now.

Decided to get up on roof later, since it's hot out now, in order to re-wire some stuff.

Got some stainless steel screws to put up some shutters on a window...I hate rusty screws. I'll do that later, too, once the sun is behind the house.

Bought four of edutainment titles for the kids. Three of which come with 4 discs each. I tested 3 titles out. 5 year old tried one of them.

Day is young.
Posted by: Monster
Date: August 13, 2006 01:20PM
slept in as part of my recovery protocol for a late night of partying and playing the congo with a group of not so equally inebriated friends who mostly play the guitar, and seem to not be able to play anything that's even near newer music. Which is why I drank more, in order to be able to drum along to songs that a bass congo just didn't have any place being.

Got a late night call, actually when I was just leaving the party to go to a bar, from a client in desperate need to have her email recovered after Earthlink had her delete her mail account and create a new one, that's how she lost all of her mail, fscking Earthlink.
After a very late start to the day I'm in the process of cloning her drive now (which is taking way to long for some reason), then I will see if I can recover her deleted mail, from the deleted account. Did I mention that she uses her mail as a filing system, all of her contact info, work, etc. is tied up in the deleted email, years worth actually.

This should be fun.

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Posted by: Stephanie
Date: August 13, 2006 03:07PM
It's now afternoon, but I went out to breakfast & then rescued 2 snakes.
Posted by: trisho.
Date: August 13, 2006 05:44PM
I returned home from bar hopping around 6am this morning and woke up again around 11am. Showered, played on the internets, did some grocery shopping, played on the internets again. I finally seasoned and stuck the Roasted Rosemary Garlic Chicken in the oven to cook for dinner tonight. The apartment smells wonderful. I'm making brown rice and reheating some of my vegan black beans to go with it. I'll probably make a huge batch of ground turkey spaghetti sauce later tonight after watching the Simpsons.

Then I have to finally settle down and do all the filing and shredding of papers that I neglected this week. Or I'll just play around on the internets like this some more.

trisho.
----------------
Official Card-Carrying Mother Earthin' Sl*t.
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: August 13, 2006 07:09PM
Slept in 'til 7:30.

Fed neighbors pets & plants - out of town for a month

Fed borothers pets & plants - out of town for 2 weeks

Fed/watered parents pets & plants - out of town for 10 days

Fed/watered my own pets/plants

Went up to the mountains and hiked a few miles

Took a nap, and am now breaking my own rule of no work on Sunday doing a flyer for a client - but I get tomorrow off.

Strength without compassion is brutality. Compassion without strength is weakness.

We must train our minds to desire what the situation demands.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 13, 2006 09:43PM
We just got back from Canada, where Mrs Racer X swam from BC to Washington State this morning. 2.4 miles in about 53 minutes (official time not posted yet). yes, Puget Sound is cold. [www.triwithoutborders.com]

she just did the ultra swim this time. her double century ride last month from Seattle to Portland, OR in a day was her main goal this summer. The swim was just for pure fun.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2006 09:46PM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 182
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020