advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
25 Films of Akira Kurosawa (The Criterion Collection) Free Streaming this Weekend on Hulu
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: March 22, 2013 10:56PM
Saturday marks what would've been Akira Kurosawa's 103rd birthday. As a tribute to the legendary
director, Hulu has "unlocked" his Criterion Collection films, so viewers can watch them for free all weekend.

Including "Seven Samurai", one of the top movies of all time. Currently ranked 17th on IMDB and was released in 1954.

[www.hulu.com]

Grateful11
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 25 Films of Akira Kurosawa (The Criterion Collection) Free Streaming this Weekend on Hulu
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 22, 2013 11:04PM
Nice find, thanks!
Re: 25 Films of Akira Kurosawa (The Criterion Collection) Free Streaming this Weekend on Hulu
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 22, 2013 11:06PM
Thanks, I'll catch them as soon as I finish watching all of the free Star Trek episodes.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: March 22, 2013 11:21PM
Speedy
Thanks, I'll catch them as soon as I finish watching all of the free Star Trek episodes.

Throw in some late night spicy Chinese food, and you've got an interesting dream recipe.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: eustacetilley
Date: March 22, 2013 11:22PM
Thanks, Gratefull11. I was always struck by the visual way he put things, and how he extracted every bit he could out of his actors. I don't speak Japanese, and everything that I have ever seen was subtitled, and probably subtitled badly. So I stick with the visuals.
"Dreams" is just magnificent. Heck, even the criticism of it can be magnificent.

Eustace
Posted by: blooz
Date: March 23, 2013 01:11AM
Whoa! Thanks!

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: 3d
Date: March 23, 2013 06:18AM
SWEET. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 23, 2013 10:30AM
I actually gasped at the last scene of "Ran."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020