advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OT: Place to stay (Hotel) in Yosemite in September
Posted by: Microman
Date: August 24, 2006 08:25PM
Just checked the Yosemite lodge, but nothing available for Sept 28 and 29.

Other places can seem a little pricey.

Wife is thru with camping, and roughing it.

She thought we could get away for a couple of days.

Any suggestions on where to stay?

Thanks...
p.s., I love this forum...for its help on everykrthing from Cars to health issues.. and where to take a vacation.., and networking, and itunes, and ipod...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OT: Place to stay (Hotel) in Yosemite in September
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: August 24, 2006 08:37PM
They also have what they call housekeeping cabins/tents (that's what they use to call them). They have a wooden raised floor and canvas sides and roof. Showers and Lav are close walking distance.

Here is the link
[www.yosemitepark.com]

[www.yosemitepark.com]

Besides the $$$ Ahwahnee other hotels are out of the park boundary--try Yosemite.com or look for hotel listings for Mariposa, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2006 08:42PM by Ken Sp..
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 25, 2006 01:03AM
Late September and Early October in Yosemite is perhaps the best time of year to visit. Lucky you!
Posted by: jdc
Date: August 25, 2006 01:35AM
try outside the valley -- like tenaya or the wawona

my mother loves the wawona

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: August 25, 2006 02:36AM
I went to Yosemite in early May and called with three weeks notice, no place to stay in the Lodge (which is specifically where I wanted). I kept calling back once, sometimes twice, a day for cancellations. One week later, 3 rooms opened up at the Lodge and I snagged two of them. Keep calling, you may get lucky...
Posted by: davester
Date: August 25, 2006 03:09AM
For an unforgettable experience, spend the $$$ and stay at the Ahwanee. Otherwise, the Wawona hotel is pretty nice.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Have to agree with davester...
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: August 25, 2006 05:28AM
I have not stayed at the Ahwanhee Hotel (yet), but I always make it a point to go by there and see it. Beautiful. Staying there is on my list of things to do!
Posted by: jesse
Date: August 25, 2006 08:28AM
We went to Yosemite in October a few years ago and it was beautiful, we stayed in Camp Curry in one of the cabin tents. The are clean and well maintained. There is a nice lounge where you can play cards, read or talk in the evenings. They are very strict about noise after 10 p.m. Over all it was a very nice experience.

jesse
Posted by: papercup
Date: August 25, 2006 08:39AM
Right next to the Wawona.

Great places.

[www.redwoodsinyosemite.com]
Re: Have to agree with davester...
Posted by: davester
Date: August 25, 2006 10:15AM
Even if you don't stay at the Ahwanee, at the very least go over there and have breakfast or brunch. The dining room is one of the best rooms in the world.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: GeneL
Date: August 26, 2006 01:45PM
Mavis and I like to stay at Wawonah. We like the quaintness and the feeling of history of the place.

It's nice to have breakfast at their restaurant and walk around the area afterwards. so much beautiful nature.

One thing, certain rooms have more privacy than others. We once got a room where we heard the neighbors in their bathroom all night. You might mention this and ask for as room that has more isolation.

Wherever you stay, you should have a great time.

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

GeneL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 171
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020