Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Good deal?
Posted by: DP
Date: September 04, 2006 08:59AM
This is at Buy.com for $99.95 shipped:

Western Digital Dual-Option Combo 250GB USB 2.0/FireWire External Hard Drive w/ Built-in USB 2.0 Hub

I know this forum seems to like Seagate's so what do you all think? I need a new external but thought I'd check with you all first.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Good deal?
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 04, 2006 09:33AM
I was looking at this drive myself. I like the FW/USB combo and the size would be good for me. Is it as good as a Seagate, I couldn't say, but it seems like a good deal for a complete drive in a combo case.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: DP
Date: September 04, 2006 09:49AM
I think you're right. I'm going to order it. Thanx.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 04, 2006 10:25AM
Dang I needed that yesterday!

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Panopticon
Date: September 04, 2006 11:53AM
If you value the enclosure, cables, etc. for $30, that makes the drive $70 or 28¢ per GB. That's not bad. I couldn't find any info on the chipset used but the warranty is one year. Most reviews on it are good, although several folks complained about the Dantz software.

I found a Buy email coupon from July for 10% off . Tried it & it worked! (Glad I forgot to delete that one.)
So, I'm getting it for $89.95. Guess I'll use it on my Dull LINUX box tongue sticking out smiley

....plus, NO stinkin rebate hassle!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 171
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020