advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tuesday Poll: Apple has announced new device hotness ? Will they shut up and take your money ?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 10, 2013 06:33PM
Poll
Will Apple shut up and take your money ?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
47 votes were received.
OMG YES ! Need New Hot Cool Thingamajiggie ! 4

9%
I'm considering the iPhone 5s. Cool Tech ! 17

36%
I'm considering the iPhone 5c. The Colorz ! 2

4%
Shmaybe. Not sure 4

9%
Meh. 18

38%
I have a more coherent response I will provide below, 2

4%

Whaddya think ? Mrs. cbelt3 is getting a 5s 32GB to replace her iPhone 4.. as a Have A Better Day kind of present thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 06:34PM by cbelt3.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tuesday Poll: Apple has announced new device hotness ? Will they shut up and take your money ?
Posted by: Black
Date: September 10, 2013 06:56PM
Never had an iPhone and will most likely try an Android next. So today's announcements were about as exciting to me as a new Zune release event.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Re: Tuesday Poll: Apple has announced new device hotness ? Will they shut up and take your money ?
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: September 10, 2013 06:59PM
Just got my first 'smart' iPhone back in April. Not going to be in the market for a while. I'm still learning how to use this one.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 11am Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

The HAH weblog: [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Topical weblog: [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 10, 2013 07:21PM
i'm pretty happy with my 5 which i will have with ATT until december 2014. i do think i will start saving now so that by that time i will have money set aside to buy the 6 or whatever so i can ditch ATT.

my brother has a 4 and really wants Siri. he's on a family plan with me and his obligation runs out in march. i just suggested he think about buying a 4S outright so as not to extend my contract. we can both bolt.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: timg
Date: September 10, 2013 08:28PM
not for me, but the wife will upgrade her iPhone 4 to a 5S through her employer.

she's been waiting a while.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 10, 2013 09:56PM
I'm locked into AT$T until 11/14 with my 5. I see nothing that makes me wish I could get any of the new models.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 09:57PM by Speedy.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 10, 2013 10:07PM
I don't see anything compelling enough in the 5s to make me want to upgrade from my iPhone 5.

(Either of the new models looks like a nice upgrade from a 4 though.)
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 10, 2013 10:10PM
AllGold
I don't see anything compelling enough in the 5s to make me want to upgrade from my iPhone 5.

(Either of the new models looks like a nice upgrade from a 4 though.)

Yes, that's the verdict from the hands-on at The Verge - a no-brainer upgrade from an iP4/iP4S.
Posted by: Don C
Date: September 10, 2013 10:33PM
I might hand my aging Garminfone off to my wife and spring for a 5c.

Or I might get us both 5c phones. She does not have a smart phone now so either is an upgrade.

Will have to research whether not having LTE makes staying with T-Mobile a good choice.
Our basic plan is 400 minutes for $50. Adding unlimited data at $30 per phone and $13 for fees and charges may be a price that is hard to beat (that's what the research will have to determine).
Posted by: bruceko
Date: September 10, 2013 10:43PM
I have a 5.
I definitely would have upgraded to a 5s if they made the screen larger.
All the great new features were a real yawner for me with out a slightly wider screen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 11:42PM by bruceko.
Posted by: DRR
Date: September 10, 2013 11:06PM
Will be upgrading from a 4, so yes, a likely upgrade to 5s/32.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: September 10, 2013 11:17PM
Black
Never had an iPhone and will most likely try an Android next. So today's announcements were about as exciting to me as a new Zune release event.

And yet, you express interest in the Zune of cell phones…
Posted by: decay
Date: September 10, 2013 11:39PM
my 4S is approaching 2 years old, battery life sorta bites (IMHO)

i am eligible according to AT&T.

it will be a 5S if / when i do it.

---
Posted by: silvarios
Date: September 11, 2013 12:54AM
Article Accelerator
Black

And yet, you express interest in the Zune of cell phones…

The Zune had 80% of the market? That doesn't seem right, does it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2013 12:56AM by silvarios.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 11, 2013 06:11AM
Funny about that... our youngest has 'borrowed' a 'spare' iPhone 5 from his sister's fiancee, and shows no sign of giving it back. This is the child that insisted on an Android phone, and is our family's resident Apple Hater.
Posted by: rz
Date: September 11, 2013 12:05PM
I have a 4, and I wouldn't exactly call it a "no brainer" to update now. My 4 works perfectly well, and will run iOS 7. It's not like it's been left behind.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 11, 2013 09:03PM
cbelt3
Funny about that... our youngest has 'borrowed' a 'spare' iPhone 5 from his sister's fiancee, and shows no sign of giving it back. This is the child that insisted on an Android phone, and is our family's resident Apple Hater.

Your son must have video evidence of something.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 348
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020