advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
My one Boulder Flood video (short, but powerful)
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: September 17, 2013 09:08PM
I've lived in Boulder the past 15 years. This short video is of the 49th St. Bridge, north Boulder (between Niwot and Oxford). Just 200' from my home of 13 years that I sold this past May 1st. The flood here is over 500' wide.

I moved into a downtown new condo building a few months ago, on the top (4th) floor. So I'll be one of the last to float away. But the devastation around me is just as you've probably all seen on other videos. The first night it rained, I was out on my small deck. At one point, I loudly said to my girlfriend, "this is almost like my experience of the monsoons in Malaysia," and a minute later, the rain doubled down, and it became a true torrent. That's when we knew it was going to be a life changing event. Never seen anything like it. It stayed like that for hours and hours.

[www.youtube.com]

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Sonoma 14.x Dual 27" Dell S2722QC monitors M2 2022 13" MBAir (512G 16G)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: My one Boulder Flood video (short, but powerful)
Posted by: microchip
Date: September 17, 2013 09:25PM
Glad you're alright.

Some of my friends parents live up Coal Creek Canyon and managed to shoot some videos, I'll have to dig them up if I can. Surreal.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: September 17, 2013 09:40PM
You, too, microchip. I think you still live around Boulder?

Coal Creek. Holy moly. They took a beating.

Check out this section of the train track that runs through Coal Creek. Sorry for the low res, it was passed on by a friend. That's about 170 feet of ground that gave way. Note you can still see the two rails, suspended.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Sonoma 14.x Dual 27" Dell S2722QC monitors M2 2022 13" MBAir (512G 16G)
Posted by: microchip
Date: September 17, 2013 10:10PM
Yeah, I'm also near downtown. Nearest damage to me was North Boulder Pond (I mean, Park) for a day or so.

Thankfully, I only know one person who's basement is a complete write-off.
Posted by: DP
Date: September 18, 2013 06:43AM
What a PITA (to say the least). Glad you're OK and I'd like if those forumites affected will check in.
Was the house you sold destroyed?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 496
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020