advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Whaddaya know?!!?!? Apple makes good on Breaking Bad purchase.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: September 23, 2013 11:01PM
Like many folks, I was a little annoyed when the first and only TV Season Pass I purchased through the iTunes store (Breaking Bad Season 5) ended up being for a partial season. This was an A&E/Breaking Bad thing more than an Apple thing, but since at the time of purchase, the iTunes Store didn't point out that the season would have half the normal number of episodes, it did kind of leave bad taste in my mouth.

I did not re-up for the final episodes (choosing to DVR it instead), but out of the blue I just got the following email from iTunes Support apologizing and offering a $22.99 credit. Well done Apple!

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any confusion the naming of "Season 5" and "The Final Season" of Breaking Bad might have caused you. While the names of the seasons and episodes associated with them were not chosen by iTunes, we'd like to offer you "The Final Season" on us by providing you with the iTunes code below in the amount of $22.99. This credit can also be used for any other content on the iTunes Store. Thank you for your purchase.

Detailed instructions for redeeming the code can be found at [support.apple.com].

Code
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Regards,

iTunes Customer Support
[www.apple.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Whaddaya know?!!?!? Apple makes good on Breaking Bad purchase.
Posted by: carl
Date: September 24, 2013 07:56AM
I received the same email last night. It was a nice surprise.
Posted by: davester
Date: September 24, 2013 09:47AM
It was a nice surprise, but it didn't completely make up for the annoyance I felt when they charged me twice for one season pass.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: silvarios
Date: September 24, 2013 10:04AM
davester
It was a nice surprise, but it didn't completely make up for the annoyance I felt when they charged me twice for one season pass.

Same show or a different season pass?
Date: September 24, 2013 10:05AM
Nice of Apple to make good. Lot of company's don't give a crap, even Apple can occasionally drop the ball, but in this case, they made the right move. Easy to give blame, right? Seems worthwhile to give credit when the opportunity arises.
Posted by: DRR
Date: September 24, 2013 11:17AM
silvarios
davester

Same show or a different season pass?

Same show.

The background is this - AMC decided to split up the final season of Breaking Bad into two years - 2012 (8 episodes) and 2013 (8 episodes). AMC, the production company, all the actors, everyone - has always referred to the final season as "season 5."

Apple decided to view it differently, as the season was split fully between two years. So customers who bought a Season 5 Season pass, were also charged for a "season 6" (final 8 episodes) even though a "season 6" never existed.

There was either a class action suit or the threat of one. Apple has decided to do the correct thing and refund those who were charged twice.

Hopefully they learn their lesson, as it was recently announced that the final season of Mad Men will also be split.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 24, 2013 05:45PM
So now should there be a countdown to the first complaint from someone who bought the "season 6" half of the season demanding to get the "whole" season, including the 8 front half episodes, for $22.99 like those getting the refund? wink smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2013 05:46PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: DRR
Date: September 24, 2013 09:06PM
Blankity Blank
So now should there be a countdown to the first complaint from someone who bought the "season 6" half of the season demanding to get the "whole" season, including the 8 front half episodes, for $22.99 like those getting the refund? wink smiley

I believe you can go in right now, and get the full final season, for $22.99. (Pending last episode release next week)
Date: September 25, 2013 05:06PM
Ah, so this really wasn't an Apple "making right because it was the right thing to do" scenario. Okay then, I reserve my once annually Apple praise for a later date. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2013 05:07PM by silvarios.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: September 26, 2013 11:52PM
I give them credit for the gesture. The studio/production company doesn't go out of its way to say how many episodes are on the physical media either:

[www.amazon.com]
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 27, 2013 04:31PM
DRR
Blankity Blank

I believe you can go in right now, and get the full final season, for $22.99. (Pending last episode release next week)
Nope. "Season 5" ends with "Gliding Over All", price $21.99 and "Breaking Bad: The Final Season" starts with "Blood Money, price $22.99.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 134
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020