advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone stick through to the ending of CBS "Under the Dome"? Spoil away, because it was so utterly stupid.
Posted by: 3d
Date: October 30, 2013 09:58AM
Anyone stick through to the ending of CBS "Under the Dome"? Spoil away, because it was so utterly stupid.
I kept on watching because it was just so utterly and hopelessly stupid. It was cringingly bad. The acting. The script. The premise. The special effects. Just gawd awful. Like watching a train wreck. It was THAT bad.

Then the ending... fade to white??? seriously?! Kinda like the reverse Sopranos ending. LOL And come to think of it, there was a season finale of Lost that was fade to white as well. I wanted answers and the writers just scroo'd the pooch and gave up trying to make sense of anything.

Why did Julia drop the egg in the water? Why did BigJim just let the mother drown when he could've used her as a pawn? Why is Linda so dumb? Why is everyone so dumb? Why is Julia sleeping with her husband's killer AFTER she finds out the truth? Is it THAT hard to find a good man in Chester's Mill? Haha.

Yeah, yeah, i know about the book. I know about the Simpsons.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone stick through to the ending of CBS "Under the Dome"? Spoil away, because it was so utterly stupid.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: October 30, 2013 10:16AM
I thought I saw the final episode and it got cancelled. It has not been on TV in a while, I was surprised it made it that long
Re: Anyone stick through to the ending of CBS "Under the Dome"? Spoil away, because it was so utterly stupid.
Posted by: michaeld50
Date: October 30, 2013 10:25AM
It's on hiatus until next summer! SK himself is said to be writing the first episode for Season 2.

MJD
Posted by: silvarios
Date: October 30, 2013 10:29AM
Pretty awful. I watched some of it because my partner watched the first season. I wanted to give it a shot, but man…

I've enjoyed watching the Good Wife on Amazon Prime much more than Under the Dome. Which surprised me I would, a. watch either show and b. enjoy the Good Wife as much as I do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 10:33AM by silvarios.
Posted by: digby
Date: October 30, 2013 10:44AM
From the first scene, I knew Under The Snowglobe was going to be (as I annoyingly announced to the family) "As lost as LOST all over again!"

LOST had great characters, some snappy writing and some perfect WTF moments... well, they would've been perfect if the writers had had a plan. Which I'm not sure they ever had. Never more evident until the last episode. I think "Fade To White" will be my new term for "Well, we've written ourselves into a corner. Hey, I know! Let's just keep piling on plot twists and characterizations and then... fade to white! Yeah, it's easier than thinking, and we get paid whether it makes sense or not!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 10:46AM by digby.
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: October 30, 2013 10:54AM
Spoil away. I've been curious, but not curious enough to sit through it.

Date: October 30, 2013 11:05AM
Uncle Wig
Spoil away. I've been curious, but not curious enough to sit through it.

Can't really spoil the ending when the writers gave up and there was no ending. Just really bad acting, fireworks special effects, and fade to white. Pretty much EVERY SCENE was laughably bad. Think —Sharknado bad. Did StephenKing actually have any input during filming? Has he gone senile?
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 30, 2013 12:11PM
There's no ending because it's coming back for a second season.

It is what it is.
Posted by: MikeF
Date: October 30, 2013 12:16PM
It's just another in a long line of TV shows that should end (or should have ended) after a finite number (read small) of episodes rather than continue forever until the ratings kill it...
Posted by: h linamen
Date: October 30, 2013 12:16PM
It wasn't as bad as you all make it out to be, otherwise it wouldn't have been renewed. Better than so many of the other silly, stupid sitcoms on TV.
Date: October 30, 2013 12:30PM
h linamen
It wasn't as bad as you all make it out to be, otherwise it wouldn't have been renewed. Better than so many of the other silly, stupid sitcoms on TV.

You liked it? I get the fact that it's SciFi and there's supernatural aspects of the plot, but you were ok with the acting and plot and scenes?
Date: October 30, 2013 12:34PM
N-OS X-tasy!
There's no ending because it's coming back for a second season.

The TV viewer would not have known this. There was no "To be continued.." at the end. No sneak peak at next season. It went to white. And then cut straight into the end credits and then the evening news three(?) weeks ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 12:35PM by 3d.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: October 30, 2013 12:42PM
Thanks for the info. I had planned to watch, but never got around to it. I won't bother now.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 30, 2013 12:46PM
DavidS
Thanks for the info. I had planned to watch, but never got around to it. I won't bother now.

Do what I did - read the book instead.

It is what it is.
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 30, 2013 01:09PM
I enjoyed "Under the Dome." I also enjoy "The Good Wife," a lot."
Posted by: hal
Date: October 30, 2013 01:23PM
I liked the book a lot, so I watched the show and it held my attention, but it was very, very bad in many ways. Some horrible direction... some nonsensical staging.
Posted by: BernDog
Date: October 30, 2013 01:48PM
Did anyone see the Venn diagram the oatmeal did comparing world war z the book to the movie? The only commonality they had was the title. Almost the same thing for under the dome. I read the book in anticipation of the show. It was ok. The show was so different AND bad, I could only force myself through the first couple episodes. I gave up when they announced it was being renewed. What? How do you continue a story (already warned about spoiler ahead) where effectively everyone dies at the end? Drag out the story to make more money? What a waste.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: October 30, 2013 06:25PM
Everyone involved (including King) has made it clear the show doesn't follow the plot of the book - otherwise it would have been over about 4 episodes in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 06:25PM by Bill in NC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020