advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Moto G
Posted by: andypie48
Date: December 07, 2013 10:21AM
Anybody considering the Moto G? Any cogent points for or against?

Do you know if the "US optimized" phone will work passably overseas with the appropriate SIM card and vice-versa?

Longshot of the year - the website has a box for "Promo Code". Anybody have one?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Moto G
Posted by: Black
Date: December 07, 2013 01:00PM
There's been some excitement about the Moto G at Howard Forums because a Verizon model should be able to work with Page Plus without flashing due to the 3G.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 07, 2013 02:48PM
Here's an excellent review:

[www.theverge.com]

My interpretation:
1) It's an excellent, low-cost 4G phone. Should be an ideal International phone. Don't know about the 'US Optimized' feature.
2) I would get the $199 model with the most on-board storage if using as an actual phone.
3) Does not have LTE, making it less interesting to US customers.
4) The camera is probably the biggest compromise besides LTE when compared to a top-of-the-line phone.
5) If I was getting an Android phone for the US, I would shop around and look for the firesaled Galaxy S3.

We will be getting one as a test unit for our Android app. Even the 'expensive' model is a great Android tablet, even without phone activation.
Posted by: m.paris
Date: December 07, 2013 06:38PM
Dang! I thought this was a thread about motorcycles (Moto Guzzi).
Posted by: silvarios
Date: December 08, 2013 12:05PM
sekker
3) Does not have LTE, making it less interesting to US customers.

I agreed with your summary except for this point. 14Mbps down/3 up is hardly unappealing, especially since most people only have 2GB or lower data caps anyway. If you are a company that only has one phone, sure LTE is a nice option, but I think a $179/$199 phone without LTE is perfectly acceptable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020