advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Hot iPhone 5
Posted by: iaJim
Date: March 25, 2014 10:46PM
I just fell asleep in my chair with my phone in my pocket, where it always lives. I woke up after about an hour and grabbed my phone and realized it was quite warm. I pushed the home button and nothing happened. I pushed the power button and got an icon that showed a battery and a power cord. I plugged it in and now I just get an empty battery icon. It had plenty of battery before I put it in my pocket. Any ideas about what happened here? It's been plugged in for a little bit and still gives only an empty battery icon when pushing the home button. Strange.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hot iPhone 5
Posted by: Carm
Date: March 25, 2014 11:44PM
Some iPhone 5 phones have a battery issue. Also this
[tinyscreenfuls.com]
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 26, 2014 05:50AM
happen sometimes on mine (iOS 6.1.4), I kill all open applications and then restart. Sometimes I go MONTHS between these incidents, yesterday it happened TWICE. I have no clue what causes it.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: March 26, 2014 10:22AM
I had mine replaced at an Apple Store after it would get to 20-30% and randomly shutdown. I slapped
AppleCare on it as it was 3 days before the warranty ran out, figured I better get while I could. That was
my first time buying AppleCare on anything.

Mine would also get very hot while running GPS mapping and being charged to the point where you
couldn't hold it. They can send you an iMessage with a Test in it to check the battery, it sends the info
back to Apple. Mine tested bad.

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 155
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020