advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Another blemish for the city of Detroit
Posted by: DP
Date: April 04, 2014 06:31AM
Driver clings to life after beating by attackers; boy expected to recover.

A suburban Detroit man was in critical condition Thursday with severe head injuries after a neighborhood mob beat and kicked him when he stopped to check on a 10-year-old boy who stepped from a curb into the path of his pickup.

Thursday night, his family was keeping vigil at St. John Hospital and Medical Center, where he was unconscious and clinging to life after being beaten by a group of men on Detroit’s east side Wednesday. The attack happened after his pickup hit 10-year-old David Harris, who stepped off a curb into its path.

Steve Utash got out to check on him and attempted to render aid at about 4:10 p.m. near Morang and Balfour. A large group of men quickly gathered and began beating Utash, according to Woody.

Police have said they don’t believe Utash was speeding or broke any traffic laws. Woody said that the preliminary investigation indicates the boy stepped in front of the pickup.

His daughter, Felicia Utash, said that after he was beaten, he was robbed of his money, his wallet and his credit cards.

[www.freep.com]

[news.yahoo.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another blemish for the city of Detroit
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 04, 2014 07:48AM
I've never been to Detroit but it doesn't appear that the city beat him up. That was terrible.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 04, 2014 07:58AM
There are neighborhoods like that in any city. Sadly. In some countries the rule is.. you hit a pedestrian (or a cow).. RUN LIKE HECK ! Drivers are regularly pulled from cars and beaten to death by the villagers.
Posted by: (vikm)
Date: April 04, 2014 08:33AM
cbelt3
There are neighborhoods like that in any city. Sadly. In some countries the rule is.. you hit a pedestrian (or a cow).. RUN LIKE HECK ! Drivers are regularly pulled from cars and beaten to death by the villagers.

"Any city" may be a little bit of a stretch, don't ya think? Lol
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: April 04, 2014 08:40AM
It will be an even larger blemish if Detroit doesn't identify and prosecute the perpetrators. I hope someone got pictures.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 11am Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

The HAH weblog: [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Topical weblog: [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 04, 2014 08:51AM
(vikm)
cbelt3
There are neighborhoods like that in any city. .

Yes, you are correct. But it's quite true for many large cities... I would not want to get in an accident in certain areas of East Cleveland, especially on a weekend night.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 04, 2014 08:55AM
In many cities the occupants of the car would get out and beat the pedestrian. The perps in this case seem more civilized in that respect. I'm sure they'll catch them.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2014 08:55AM by Speedy.
Posted by: DP
Date: April 04, 2014 09:21AM
So far, no one has been arrested except for the father of the boy who was hit, but that was for an outstanding arrest warrant (which is another story), not as a participant in the beating. As of this writing, it's amazing to me that no one has come forth to identify the perps. There were a lot of people who witnessed the attack. I can't believe someone didn't video the attack with their cell phone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2014 09:22AM by DP.
Posted by: (vikm)
Date: April 04, 2014 01:22PM
cbelt3
(vikm)
cbelt3

Yes, you are correct. But it's quite true for many large cities... I would not want to get in an accident in certain areas of East Cleveland, especially on a weekend night.

I know... I was just busting your chops winking smiley
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 04, 2014 02:54PM
(vikm)
cbelt3
(vikm)
cbelt3

I know... I was just busting your chops winking smiley

That's the spirit!
Posted by: Mini 9
Date: April 05, 2014 07:45AM
I was watching some news reports few years ago. Detroit's mayor, Kwame was in court. And incarcerated... Then I noticed it was MY COUSIN (R. Moran) a deputy prosecutor, that was the guy that "put him in jail" so to speak. Way to go! smiling smiley

I keep getting people trying to lure me to Detroit to work. My friend just started a job there for the Ford F-250 redesign. I keep resisting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 07:47AM by Mini 9.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020