advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
HANNS-G Rebate, YES!
Posted by: wowzer
Date: September 22, 2006 05:17PM
Got my rebate. It's a good thing...I got mine from the last round. I suspect you guys should receive yours in the appropriate time.

GL!

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: HANNS-G Rebate, YES!
Posted by: Carm
Date: September 22, 2006 08:10PM
$100 + $20 or $100

Ive got $30 rewards from OfficeDepot, Im looking at getting it at Officedepot, since rebate was extended there also.

Hanns G 194D

PDF 100 Mail in Rebate

Carm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2006 08:57PM by Carm.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 22, 2006 09:41PM
I just got my monitor today. Looks good. I haven't hooked it up yet though.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: September 22, 2006 10:50PM
ztirffritz
I just got my monitor today. Looks good. I haven't hooked it up yet though.

You'll LOVE it! I had to turn down the brightness to 50% it was so bright, and similarly adjust the contrast down to 70%. Other than that, it's Plug-N-Play (mine is hooked up DVI digitally) Time! I've never had a better bargain happen, for me personally, in all my years of computing. No wonder PC Connection/MacConnection sold out completely one day after I bought mine!

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: billb
Date: September 22, 2006 10:57PM
Can this monitor switch between inputs or is it a either/or but not both DVI/VGA monitor.
That's rarely in any specs.
Posted by: LyleH
Date: September 23, 2006 12:08AM
Billb - The setup instructions say to connect both the vga and dvi cables to the monitor and computer. And in the monitor's menu there is an Input item. You can select Analog or Digital or Auto Select. Just received and set mine up today as my secondary monitor.

LyleH
Posted by: wowzer
Date: September 23, 2006 01:02AM
Got the $100 rebate. Still waiting for the $30.

Plugged the DVI into my G5 dualie. Works great. Only trouble is that when I view pics on it, other monitors just seems pale/horrid by comparison.

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Posted by: Carm
Date: September 23, 2006 03:27AM
OfficeDepot has sold out of the 194D. sad smiley but the 196D is available.
Was looking forward to getting it for 204.99 - 100 mail in Rebate - 30 Rewards = $74.99
plus tax on $204.99

Carm
Posted by: Steinbock
Date: September 23, 2006 02:37PM
Orderd mine on Wed. from PC Connection & got it Thu. First LCD for me & the colors seem to jump out at you.
Also found a free S/H code, can't beat it with a stick.
G4 D533....32mb ATI - adaptor to DVI
Now what to do with my old ADC Studio Monitor?

Steinbock
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: September 23, 2006 09:39PM
LyleH
Billb - The setup instructions say to connect both the vga and dvi cables to the monitor and computer. And in the monitor's menu there is an Input item. You can select Analog or Digital or Auto Select. Just received and set mine up today as my secondary monitor.

LyleH

Billb & LyleH: DO NOT connect both DVI and VGA cables to the monitor and computer at the same time! I don't know where you got that info, but you must choose one or the other for your connection. You might damage the display if you have both cables hooked up to the computer/display at the same time.

I couldn't find the setup instructions' sentence that says to connect both at the same time, and if it DID say that it would be a serious mistake. B)

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: LyleH
Date: September 25, 2006 01:28AM
rexrzer - you may well be right, and I wouldn't connect both cables anyway, but:

In the HU17_EN.pdf manual that is on the included CD-Rom - on Page 11 with the heading Controls and Connectors, the first paragraph states to make both connections.
This may well be for PC's only, I don't know.

If you're concerned about this info, isn't there a way to remove my post? I have no qualms with that being done.

LyleH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 55
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020