advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
They may be the devil incarnate, but thankful to Chase bank today
Posted by: dmann
Date: April 14, 2014 12:02PM
Have my personal and business accounts with Chase, along with a HELOC.

This morning, I received a text message regarding "possibly fruadulant 3rd party charges" on my debit card. I honestly thought it was a phishing message and called right away to report it. While I was on the phone with Chase, who was informing me that the text was valid, I received an email from them on my primary and backup email addresses. Then, my call waiting went off on the cell and my landline rang with auto calls alerting me to the situation.

They said that the suspicious charges had been attempted and denied and they were sending me a new card. My old card will be deactivated in 3 weeks to give me time to switch any auto-payments to the new number. So far, no unauthorized activity on my account and I'm taking steps to protect myself but I have to give Chase credit for being on top of things. I know it's getting to be a matter of "when" not "if" personal information will be compromised and I like the way this was handled.

DM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: They may be the devil incarnate, but thankful to Chase bank today
Posted by: Shakes
Date: April 14, 2014 12:50PM
I've had the same experience with Chase and was very happy how they handled the problem.

Shakes
Re: They may not be the devil incarnate, but thankful to Chase bank today
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: April 14, 2014 12:55PM
Same here, Chase's service has been good with these issues 2x for me.
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: April 14, 2014 02:40PM
Chase has always been vigilant and cooperative when I've had issues with unauthorized use of my credit cards.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 14, 2014 03:28PM
Chase does a nice job at looking after themselves. But, yes, credit where credit is due.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 14, 2014 04:29PM
Speedy
Chase does a nice job at looking after themselves. But, yes, credit where credit is due.

Yep, their motivation is saving themselves money.
Posted by: rz
Date: April 14, 2014 05:11PM
I had the same experience when my card was compromised a few months ago. My wife, on the other hand, has her CC with a very large credit union. Even if we call them to tell them we're going out of town and tell them where, we STILL get calls saying they think it's being fraudulently used. I've had one fraudulent charge in my life, and Chase caught it and alerted me immediately. My wife has had two fraudulent charges, and her credit union caught both, but has also called about two dozen time with false alarms.

BTW, I think Chase has the best reward cards out there. At least for my purposes.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: April 15, 2014 08:01PM
Chase is fine as far as credit card companies go; Chase Mortgage is the wing that's four of the seven levels of Hell. They can go @#$%& themselves.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 189
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020