12/15 Cardiff - Motorpoint
12/17 London - The O2

My music blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Who announce "The Who Hits 50" Tour and upcoming new album
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 30, 2014 10:29AM
Monty Python is doing a similar thing. I guess 2014 is the year of "The Gett'em Before They Go Tour".

The Rolling Stones will probably announce their 2025 schedule soon, however.
Posted by: rz
Date: June 30, 2014 12:36PM
Steve G.

The Rolling Stones will probably announce their 2025 schedule soon, however.

I still remember the episode of the Simpsons (from 1995 apparently) where they show Lisa in college and there's a poster in her dorm for the Rolling Stones' "Steel Wheelchair Tour 2010"
Posted by: guod
Date: June 30, 2014 12:47PM
I don't know if I can bring myself to see The Who again. I kinda think they ended when John died. I saw the 2002 tour only because I had my tickets before The Ox passed. It was a decent show, but still wasn't quite right. And Endless Wire......where do I begin ? It was about as much as a WHO album as Kenny Jones should have been their drummer after Moonie passed. I think I listened to it twice and then filed it away to be forgotten.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 30, 2014 02:10PM
guod
I don't know if I can bring myself to see The Who again. I kinda think they ended when John died. I saw the 2002 tour only because I had my tickets before The Ox passed. It was a decent show, but still wasn't quite right. And Endless Wire......where do I begin ? It was about as much as a WHO album as Kenny Jones should have been their drummer after Moonie passed. I think I listened to it twice and then filed it away to be forgotten.

All true for me too. The songs just don't sound right without Entwistle. Still, I might go to this one last show.
Posted by: Black
Date: June 30, 2014 02:26PM
guod
I saw them in November of 2012 on the Quadraphenia tour and it was one of the best concertgoing descisions I've made.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Date: June 30, 2014 03:07PM
hal
Still, I might go to this one last show.

sigh.......I probably will too. Long Live Rock, Be it Dead or Alive.
Posted by: maco
Date: June 30, 2014 07:10PM
Black
I saw them in November of 2012 on the Quadraphenia tour and it was one of the best concertgoing descisions I've made.

Such a great album!
Always liked this song.

The Who - Bell Boy with Keith Moon
[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Black
Date: June 30, 2014 07:56PM
[www.youtube.com]

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: DP
Date: July 01, 2014 06:40AM
hal
guod

All true for me too. The songs just don't sound right without Entwistle. Still, I might go to this one last show.

Let's not forget Keith Moon!
Posted by: DP
Date: July 01, 2014 10:29AM
DP
hal
guod

Sorry, read it too fast. But I think it would be nearly impossible to replace Moon. The later stuff after Moon just doesn't have the kick that Moon gave the band...
Date: July 01, 2014 10:43AM
DP
DP
hal
guod

Sorry, read it too fast. But I think it would be nearly impossible to replace Moon. The later stuff after Moon just doesn't have the kick that Moon gave the band...

Moonie could never truly be replaced, but Zak Starkey is about as close to Keith as you're ever going to see. (at least on stage) I've seen Zak live a few times, and the guy is amazing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 53
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020