advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
World Phone use- Nephew's positive experience with Tmobile and Windoze Phone
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 21, 2014 03:51PM
Talking with my BIL, he demonstrated the replacement for the $69 Nokia 521 phone his son used in Europe this summer. He was all around Europe with a choral group for two weeks. He put the T-Mobile plan on it and... 4G LET Data and SMS were FREE (data 1G limit or you can buy unlimited). Wifi calls were free. Regular calls, 20 cents a minute.

My nephew used the heck out of it. And when the phone made an unscheduled dive into the Grand Canal after a speedboat wake tossed him almost into the drink, his photos were all live backed up to his Live Drive account (think iCloud) anyway. Only lost the photo he took juuust before the incident.

I think T Mobile just killed the world phone market with this approach. Wow.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: World Phone use- Nephew's positive experience with Tmobile and Windoze Phone
Posted by: richorlin
Date: July 21, 2014 09:31PM
I agree. We recently used our iPhones for two weeks in Italy. Texted with my son back home several times a day and the twenty cent calls back home were a god-send.

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]
Re: World Phone use- Nephew's positive experience with Tmobile and Windoze Phone
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 21, 2014 11:01PM
I'm hopng my institution continues to offer tmobile phones for international travel for this very purpose.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 125
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020