advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Were You Ever Physically Hurt By A Sibling Either Accidentally Or Intentionally During Your Childhood?
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 22, 2014 01:08PM
We had a small birthday celebration for my sister last weekend and we did a little bit of reminiscing. Said sister is 5 years older than me and the story came up on how she broke my arm.

I was six months old and my mother had placed me bundled up, in an overstuffed chair as she often did. My sister was told to keep an eye on me, even though I pretty much stayed in place during those sittings (always heard what a good baby I was). Mom told my Sis "Don't pick him up" and of course, the very first thing she did when Mom left the room was to pick me up...and then proceed to drop me.

Funny, because I was there, but don't remember it happening at all! They say my cast was really tiny. grinning smiley

So what's your story? Ever been roughed up by a sibling?

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Were You Ever Physically Hurt By A Sibling Either Accidentally Or Intentionally During Your Childhood?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 22, 2014 01:18PM
Lots of times. Mom ended up buying boxing gloves so we would stop losing teeth.

Slammed my brother's fingers in the car door once. I still think its funny.
Re: Were You Ever Physically Hurt By A Sibling Either Accidentally Or Intentionally During Your Childhood?
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: August 22, 2014 01:21PM
Was playing horsey on my older brother's back when I was 6 or 7 years old. We were on top of his bed and he proceeded to "buck" me off. I flew in the air and landed with my twisted right arm outstretched. Broken wrist.

My music blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posted by: Ammo
Date: August 22, 2014 01:26PM
I shot my brother in the back with a BB gun at close range once. I think it was one of those situations as a kid where you say to yourself, "I wonder what would happen if . . ."

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero
Posted by: testcase
Date: August 22, 2014 01:32PM
While out with the family playing miniature golf, my sister walked up close behind me. It was my turn and, I happened to take a real swing to send the ball up a big ramp. On my backswing, club caught her just above her eye. I believe she needed a few stitches. Total accident but, I still felt bad. sad smiley

Then there was the time I kicked my brother in the nuts; he had it coming.
Posted by: DRR
Date: August 22, 2014 01:42PM
I was teasing my sister and pointing at her through the gap of a door (the hinge side). She got mad and shut the door. Was probably a minute before grandma heard my screams and came in from the backyard.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: August 22, 2014 02:22PM
When they were much younger, my brother was in the backyard throwing darts at a dartboard he hung up on a tree trunk. My sister walked behind said tree and got hit in the forehead with a dart. Fortunately, he did not take an eye out.
Posted by: davester
Date: August 22, 2014 02:48PM
I threw a Jart up in the air on the front lawn once. It came back down and stuck into my little brother's back. At that moment my parents drove up, so I ran over to my brother pulled the Jart out and very consolingly said....

..."don't you dare tell mom or dad!!"

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: davemchine
Date: August 22, 2014 02:52PM
I electrocuted my brother once. He wanted to return the favor but I declined. I three a rock and smashed my cousins glasses putting glass in his eye. My brother threw a cast iron object at me and I got stitches and a huge bump.

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 22, 2014 02:56PM
Not me. But I do have a best friend who was shot in the throat by his brother when they were playing with a real gun found in their father's desk. Fortunately nothing essential was injured and he made a full recovery.

Posted by: decay
Date: August 22, 2014 03:24PM
my younger brother laid my head open with a belt buckle once.

i turned on the waterworks and let the blood flow for maximum sympathy for me and punishment for him.

---
Posted by: colonel panic
Date: August 22, 2014 03:26PM
When I was three my sister who is five years older told me the bulbs on the Xmas tree were candy. That evil act of child abuse resulted in a trip to the emergency room.

I tried to get her back the next year by driving my parents car, with both of us in it, down a hill, across a two lane highway and then smashed into a house. My dad who left us in the car, was frantically chasing us telling my screaming sister to step on the brake. Luckily, neither of us were hurt.

"They don't call me Colonel because I'm some dumb a$$ army guy" Colonel Homer J. Simpson

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 03:29PM by colonel panic.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 22, 2014 04:03PM
Even though my sister was older, and my brother was younger, I was the biggest kid in the house growing up. Not much in the way knock-down drag-out fights, as I would just bear hug them and wrestle them to the ground and then sit on them until the authorities showed up. Sis had teeth and fingernails that found there way into my flesh, and bro used to throw stuff like dinnerware, screwdrivers, pliers, and such, that also didn't feel too good either. Some of those scars lasted for years.

A few years before that, bro never walked, he always ran as a kid, so one day I tied a string to the hall closet dresser drawer, and called little bro, who as expected, came running down the hall... until I pulled the string; expecting a humorous face plant into the somewhat plush carpet. Nope, the kid went flying about six and half feet, so the face plant was into the bathroom door, knocking out his two front teeth. Oops! Thankfully they were his baby teeth, but I had a tough time 'splainin that one.

Later, in his knife/fork/hand tools throwing era, after his permanent teeth had long since grown in, he was riding his bike; and stuck his own foot into the front spokes, whereupon he flew over the handlebars and face planted onto the street, knocking those permanent teeth out all by himself. That time, he was the one w/ the tough 'splainin to do. His friend had showed him how to touch the spokes while riding, in order to make a weird sound... unfortunately little bro didn't get the technique right first.

So, after that fiasco (which was like about eight years or so down the road) our parents finally had to let me out of the doghouse for my earlier attempt at humor.

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 22, 2014 04:18PM
Playing cops and robbers. Caught and handcuffed my brother who proceeded to try to 'escape custody', tripped and hit the concrete floor. Broke one front tooth which got capped.

Same brother riding his bike in the street where we were playing baseball. Swing and a miss except the bat hit him in the head on the follow-through. He wasn't knocked out but had a heck of a lump in his forehead. I didn't swing the bat, rather a neighbor girl did it. She was probably 13 and was beside herself, crying more than my younger brother who was six or seven.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 22, 2014 05:49PM
Got an "Indian Burn' from a cousin once.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 22, 2014 06:15PM
Yes, my sister dropped me trying to get me out of the crib and broke one of my ribs.

Grateful11
Posted by: bruceko
Date: August 22, 2014 06:25PM
My younger Sister nailed me in the eye with a flaming marshmallow from the camp fire.
Some how my mother decided I should have been more careful.
That is how it always worked with my sister and I.
Posted by: CW2V
Date: August 22, 2014 06:48PM
These are all gems! Keep 'em coming!

I stabbed my brother in the arm once, And also "tried to electrocute" him.

Real story: I was holding an open pocket knife, blade up on the floor, messing with my older brother. Did enough of something to annoy him and he swung on me, bringing his arm right down on the knife. My sister was the one that freaked.

Attempted "electrocution" was when I built an alarm bell with a slot car racer transformer, some wiring wrapped around a bolt, set up to create an electronic magnet once the power was turned on. The magnet would then draw the metal "clapper" to the bell, simultaneously interrupting the current, so the magnet would release, creating the current again, etc... Once I was done playing with it (I had the wires coming out of light socket plug adapter) I just turned off the light switch, and removed the transformer from the wires and went on my merry way. Unfortunate brother later walked into the room and flipped on the light switch sending current to two bare wires hanging at about switch level. Lotta sparks but no injuries.!!

CW2V
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: August 22, 2014 07:04PM
As the younger brother it is my duty to run faster or risk getting caught and having things broken. I was a fast runner, to the point where I learned how to run at maximum speed down steep hills and not lose my balance - this is a good skill to have, especially when at the bottom of the hill there is a fallen over chain link fence which works exactly like a trampoline or those thingys that gymnastic vaulters use. You can make it across the road in the air and down into the neighbors thicket and away from danger assuming there aren't any passing cars. I never met a car, luckily though there was the occasional close call.

These skills are nice but the problem happens when older brother traps me in the back of the house from where there is only 1 escape and older brother occupies that route. fight and 1 broken arm later and dominance has been established in the house. There were no more fights after that amazingly and I am correspondingly quite a slower human being nowadays.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 22, 2014 07:11PM
I Don't Remember. However, Since I've The Oldest, I Would Have To Say Probably Not.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: August 22, 2014 07:58PM
My brothers dropped me on my head a lot.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: August 22, 2014 09:11PM
When I was little, I had a couple of small, metal train cars. The wheels were the perfect size to fit into an electrical outlet. My older brother was the one who got the shock that day, as he tried to help me remove it.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 22, 2014 11:47PM
Yes . Constantly . My younger sister and I had a hate / hate relationship. Broke my finger in a car door because she was jealous that I had my first communion. Later I punched her in the nose so hard it bled. During mass. I was pretty sure we were both going to hell.
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: August 23, 2014 06:40AM
My sister, 12 years older, was very angry at me for having been born. She broke her violin on the top of my head AND pulled my earlobe until it tore-both while I was an infant. She slammed my finger in the car door later, when I was about 5(I remember that-then she locked the door!). I have no idea what else she did, but wow, did she despise me for years and years. We are okay now and I'm flying across the country to see her fairly soon(she is a doctor with children that she theoretically did not use to break musical instruments with).
Posted by: billb
Date: August 23, 2014 10:42AM
No.
Oldest.
Loved, revered and admired by all.

To this day.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 23, 2014 11:45AM
Accidentally. When the fists are flying you occasionally hit the wrong target.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: btfc
Date: October 04, 2014 02:53PM
When I was 5, while on a family trip to Disneyland, my sister stabbed me in the eye with a Mary Poppins umbrella.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020