advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Quicken 2015 is out!
Posted by: Buck
Date: August 22, 2014 01:15PM
But I will wait for some bug fixes before getting for my wife. She really wants Quicken back, but I'll keep it a secret for now.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Quicken 2015 is out!
Posted by: Mini 9
Date: August 22, 2014 01:29PM
They still make that?
Posted by: raz
Date: August 22, 2014 01:37PM
Dropped it like a bad habit years ago.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 22, 2014 01:52PM
I bet it'll be out and stable just in time to be unusable in Mac OS X 10.10.
Posted by: davester
Date: August 22, 2014 01:56PM
I will never again give those people a penny of my own money.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: STL
Date: August 22, 2014 02:20PM
I proudly left Quicken in 2006.
They treated Mac users as 2nd class citizens for years.
Strongly recommend you use another app from a developer that has treated Mac users 1st class.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 02:21PM by STL.
Posted by: PeterW
Date: August 22, 2014 02:28PM
STL
Strongly recommend you use another app from a developer that has treated Mac users 1st class.

Would you care to name one such developer who has a commercial money management program that doesn't look like it was created by an eighth grader as a class project?
Posted by: GGD
Date: August 22, 2014 02:29PM
Some links....

[www.quicken.com]
[www.quicken.com]
[www.quicken.com]
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: August 22, 2014 02:29PM
Quicken 2007 and 2007 for Lion still work just fine. From what I can tell Quicken 2015 doesn't have all the features of 2007 or the current WIndows version and it costs $75. I still use 2007 and I just can't see downgrading to 2015 for that price with the promise that new features will be added free of charge. If and when I ever "upgrade" Quicken it will have to be to a version that offers more than what 2007 already has.

Support has always been terrible too. When 2007 for Lion came out I found a bug and reported it. Their response was they'd never seen that bug before and couldn't reproduce it even though I described exactly how to do so. However at the time the Quicken Forums showed multiple people were reporting the same problem. I finally assembled a small example database that demonstrated the problem and sent it to them, at which point they fixed it in one of the updates. Pretty sorry support that they didn't even attempt to reproduce the problem themselves.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: August 22, 2014 02:32PM
Hi everyone,

The one thing I hope the new version has is a "Reconciliation" report. Quicken Essentials would've done the job for me except it didn't have this report. Quicken '07 has it. No other app I've used has it. Not Moneydance. Not Moneywell. Not Fortora Fresh Finance. You name it. I looked. Just Quicken '07 and earlier.

I'll switch to the new Quicken if it has a "reconciliation" report. Otherwise, I stick with the old.

Robert
Date: August 22, 2014 02:45PM
Sounds like Quicken 2015 is just a warmed over version of that POS Quicken Essentials, which was absolute garbage compared to Quicken 2007.

Moneydance is the best current mac financial software IMHO.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: August 22, 2014 02:55PM
Davester,

I use Moneydance for my personal accounts. Although Moneydance is a solid app, it's still missing some of the best features of Quicken '07 and earlier. Transaction entry is mediocre and its reporting is especially clunky and missing several useful reports. I switched to it out of necessity when Quicken Essentials didn't cut it. One key difference is The Infinite Kind offers very good support. The same cannot be said for Intuit.

Robert
Posted by: Buck
Date: August 22, 2014 03:49PM
My wife tried to get used to Moneydance for a long time, but finally tossed it out.
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 22, 2014 04:10PM
Robert M
Hi everyone,

The one thing I hope the new version has is a "Reconciliation" report. Quicken Essentials would've done the job for me except it didn't have this report. Quicken '07 has it. No other app I've used has it. Not Moneydance. Not Moneywell. Not Fortora Fresh Finance. You name it. I looked. Just Quicken '07 and earlier.

I'll switch to the new Quicken if it has a "reconciliation" report. Otherwise, I stick with the old.

Robert

would you be so nice to explain what this Reconciliation report does? Thanks
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: August 22, 2014 04:29PM
Here we go again. I've bought or tried them ALL. I own Moneydance, Quicken from about version 1 to '07, MYOB (AccountEdge), LiquidLedger, iBank, BankMeCrankMe (made that one up), I'm sick of these things. As much as I LOATHE Intuit, the older Quickens have been the best finance programs. That 8th grade shop class made software analogy is right on for some of this mess. I'm stuck on Quicken 2007 for now.

Wha' y'all boys use for taxes? Only two choices for me, slim and none - hehehheeee, not exactly, but still only TaxCut by HR Block, or Intuit one. I switch back and forth, been using TurboTax lately, but will probably change to TaxCut again this year. I canno' use online stuff, my taxes are too complicated, and by the time I give all my mess to a tax man, I've done the real work! So, I just do the mess meself.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Date: August 22, 2014 05:12PM
Space,

It lists deposits, withdrawals, items that haven't cleared yet. Opening balance, closing balance, you name it. I can kinda sorta put together some of this in Moneydance and other but kinda sorta doesn't cut it. I need the actual report.

Robert
Posted by: Mini 9
Date: August 22, 2014 06:06PM
I pile it all up and pay a professional. Cheaper and less headaches if you count MY TIME that quicken made me commit to. Never looked back.
Date: August 22, 2014 07:35PM
Mini 9
I pile it all up and pay a professional.

Pay a professional to do what? Quicken doesn't do taxes, it helps track your expenditures and reconcile your bank statements.

Posted by: ADent
Date: August 22, 2014 11:39PM
Uggh.

Quicken 2007 is working fine for me. I assume this means Q2007 will very shortly stop working with downloads from banks.

I will probably pick Q2015, but for sure I am not paying more than $50.

I tried MoneyDance, but in the end I switched back to Quicken.

Why is it so hard to clone Quicken 7?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 23, 2014 02:01PM
I haven't balanced my checking account for a long time. Maybe 20 years or so...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020