advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Barcelona Hostels & NW Spain question
Posted by: andypie48
Date: August 30, 2014 10:26AM
What's your favorite hostel in Barcelona? Or ones to avoid.

And what places in NW Spain around Leon or La Coruna were especially good to visit?

thinking the Forum denizens will probably have tastes similar to mine.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Barcelona Hostels & NW Spain question
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 30, 2014 10:30AM
I haven't been in 15 years, so I'm no help. Last I was in Oviedo on tour.
But I'm f'n jealous. My fave country I've been to thus far.
I don't speak any Spanish other than the basics.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: abevilac
Date: August 30, 2014 03:25PM
I spent a week around Llanca on the coast north of Barcelona; it was lovely by the sea. Also visited Dali museum and a day trip to France but you seem to be thinking about the Atlantic -can't help you there. I rented an apartment in Barcelona - loved walking around that city and the food... :-)
Posted by: nwyaker
Date: August 30, 2014 03:46PM
Had a great stay here in 2009. Two blocks from the Metro, up on a hill with a good breeze ( much cooler than downtown ), nice folks, rooms with balconies, shaded garden area.

[www.expedia.com]
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: August 30, 2014 07:12PM
We stayed at a decent place, forgot the name! Almost forget me own! I got a bit tired of paella.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: davester
Date: August 31, 2014 09:36AM
abevilac
I spent a week around Llanca on the coast north of Barcelona; it was lovely by the sea. Also visited Dali museum and a day trip to France but you seem to be thinking about the Atlantic -can't help you there. I rented an apartment in Barcelona - loved walking around that city and the food... :-)

Sounds like we were on the same trip! My wife and I rented an apartment in Barcelona this summer, then drove up into France to visit friends, stopping at the Dali Museum on the way up, then staying in Cadaques and visiting Dali's house on the way back. Obviously we also loved walking and eating in the city. Wish we had stayed longer in Cadaques though.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 82
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020