AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
"The best museum in the world"
Posted by: Black
Date: September 16, 2014 11:23PM
As named today by TripAdvisor:
[www.nbcchicago.com]

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 11:24PM by Black.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "The best museum in the world"
Posted by: freeradical
Date: September 16, 2014 11:28PM
A Chicago news station names the Art Institute of Chicago the best museum in the world?

I'm shocked, truly shocked...RollingEyesSmiley5

I did visit there last March...
Date: September 16, 2014 11:32PM
freeradical
A Chicago news station names the Art Institute of Chicago the best museum in the world?

Um... no.

Date: September 16, 2014 11:40PM
Black
freeradical

Um... no.

Okay, my bad. A Chicago TV station reports that someone else named the Art Institute of Chicago the best museum in the world.

That article also said that American Girl is one of the best restrooms in America...big grin smiley
Date: September 16, 2014 11:43PM
freeradical
That article also said that American Girl is one of the best restrooms in America...big grin smiley
Not getting the Tom Petty reference- explain?

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 16, 2014 11:45PM
[www.tripadvisor.com]

Well done Chicago. I'm sorry to say I've only seen 3 of the top 10, I've got some travelin' to do.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 17, 2014 12:00AM
I love the big John Deere combine in the middle of it!!!

err, what....?
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 17, 2014 12:39AM
freeradical
Black
freeradical

Um... no.

Okay, my bad. A Chicago TV station reports that someone else named the Art Institute of Chicago the best museum in the world.

It's based on the reviews and ratings of thousands of Trip Advisor participants. There's a list of 25 museums. It's been reported on all sorts of sites including national sites, not just that one Chicago station. Agree or disagree but at least try to find out what you are complaining about before you complain, now you look twice as silly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 12:44AM by $tevie.
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: September 17, 2014 12:43AM
$tevie
freeradical
Black
freeradical

Um... no.

It's based on the reviews and ratings of Trip Advisor participants. Agree or disagree but at least try to find out what you are complaining about before you complain, now you look twice as silly.

Indeed. But you know, Chicago is home to those Obama people so clearly any museum there is suspect! No need to read the damn article.

Date: September 17, 2014 01:49AM
Black
freeradical
Not getting the Tom Petty reference- explain?

Best potty in the world.

Posted by: dk62
Date: September 17, 2014 04:19AM
I have seen all of those in Europe and US but am surprised at omissions from New York, Galleria Uffici, Kunsthistoriche in Vienna, Alte Pinakotheken in Munich,,, etc. All of those should be ahead of at least Galleria del Academia.
Date: September 17, 2014 08:02AM
dk62
I have seen all of those in Europe and US but am surprised at omissions from New York, Galleria Uffici, Kunsthistoriche in Vienna, Alte Pinakotheken in Munich,,, etc. All of those should be ahead of at least Galleria del Academia.

There's something a little off about the site-- some play I've never heard of comes up number 2 in "top attractions to see in Chicago."
I suspect there was some sort of blitz to boost that play's ratings that resulted in some bleed-over into ratings for other Chicago features.

Date: September 17, 2014 10:19AM
Not worth trying to analyze the rankings because they are the result of an algorithm, not of any sort of intellectual or critical thinking. I agree that the play was probably there because of a concerted effort to get out the vote, so to speak.

Date: September 17, 2014 10:21AM
PS: my last post was not meant to denigrate the Art Institute of Chicago. I love that museum!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020