advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Prayers needed
Posted by: davec
Date: December 29, 2014 09:55PM
I have just experienced the most horrible day of my life. My wife Lorrie died unexpectantly at 6:30am this morning. She was the light in my life for 31 years. She brought immeasureable joy to me, to my two sons and to countless other people that she knew. I really don't know who I am going to survive, but I know I will somehow.

Christmas afternoon she started feeling tough with flu-like symptons. On Friday morning she went into the doctor who tested her for flu and diagnosed a flu-like virus. She said it would be tough. Saturday, after she had some vomiting, I called the doctor again and we were told the virus was just running its course. Sunday her breathing was worse and we decided that we would be headed to the doctor on Monday morning (today). Last night I headed to bed, while she stayed downstairs to bathe and get ready for bed. This morning at 6:30am my eldest son (22yrs) found her unresponsive on the bathroom floor. The EMTs tried to revive but she was already dead.

I feel like I failed her and failed all the people who knew and loved Lorrie. I should have gotten her in to the emergency room last night, but I didn't. I failed and now I've lost the my Love.

Sorry for my rambling. I do have family here. My sons are both great (22yrs and 17 years). My sister was her for the holiday and my Dad is at a Nursing home here in town. My in-laws arrived this evening. Family does help, but so do prayers from others. Thanks for any prayers and positive thoughts you can send our way.

I won't be able to check the forum much, but I will when I can and do know I appreciate your kindness.

Dave

...on the trailing edge of technology.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Prayers needed
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 29, 2014 09:58PM
So sorry... May she rest in peace.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: December 29, 2014 10:00PM
I can't imagine the pain you're in. This is truly horrible. I will think and pray for y'all.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 29, 2014 10:02PM
how awful. i'm sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Catzilla
Date: December 29, 2014 10:06PM
Sorry for your loss.
Posted by: RE:up
Date: December 29, 2014 10:06PM
So sorry Dave.

I can't imagine the grief and loss. I'm glad you have family there with you.
Keep them close.

Please don't blame or second guess yourself, I'm guessing that your wife would not want you feeling responsible for this tragedy. You've got enough on your plate already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2014 10:07PM by RE:up.
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 29, 2014 10:10PM
So, so sorry to hear this. Do not blame yourself, it wasn't your fault.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 29, 2014 10:18PM
Wow, I am so sorry to hear about it. Random and sudden is really a blow.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: December 29, 2014 10:24PM
Prayers, and a "virtual hug" for you and your family!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: December 29, 2014 10:24PM
Oh my, I am so sorry that your family has lost your dear Lorrie. Please take care and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted by: wowzer
Date: December 29, 2014 10:25PM
I am very sorry for your loss. Do not feel like you have done anything wrong. Sometimes, calamities cannot be forecasted. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Prayers delivered. So sorry for your loss.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: mrbigstuff
My sincerest and warmest thoughts go out to you and your sons. This is an incredible and tragic time for you, but please know that you are not at fault. We suffered something similar some years ago when a family member staying with us died suddenly one morning; the shock of that day is just now, slowly, wearing off from our collective psyche. This is a time to mourn, I hope you find a time to heal, also.
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 29, 2014 10:28PM
I pray strong for your wife, for you and your family davec. This feels unbelievable to "me." Keep talking to us as much as you need to. There is real love here for you.
Posted by: Bo
Date: December 29, 2014 10:28PM
My heart sank as I opened and started to read this. Truly tragic...so very sorry for your loss.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: December 29, 2014 10:36PM
Brutal, yet amazing you were able to muster the courage and strength to write about your loss, and to do so in such an eloquent, and prompt manner. So sorry. Embrace the kids and family, it's not your fault, it's not a perfect world. Prayers abound.

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: CW2V
Date: December 29, 2014 10:44PM
So very sorry for your loss.

Talk to anyone who will listen. Ramble as much as you wish. All ears are open. Do not dwell on hindsight. It serves no good.

Please be well.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: December 29, 2014 10:52PM
My heart and prayers go out to you.

Please be kind to yourself, I imagine your wife would want that.

=wr=
Posted by: SurfMacJpMtb
Date: December 29, 2014 10:54PM
So sorry for your loss, tears are running down my face, YOU DID NOT FAIL HER, you did what you thought was the right thing at the time, please pause and spend time with your sons and close family, do your best to reflect on all the great times with her and try to help them understand.

I have been there in some regards with my son and it is tough...always wondering the what ifs...

Again I am sorry you are going through this

You and your boys will be in our prayers

May your wife rest in peace

Long time Mac user

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2014 10:56PM by SurfMacJpMtb.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: December 29, 2014 10:57PM
What horrible news. I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your mate, davec. I am not a praying man, but I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and am sending good thoughts your way. Please know that this was not your fault.

It is what it is.
Posted by: testcase
Date: December 29, 2014 11:08PM
Condolences on your loss. Prayers on the way. Stop second guessing yourself. She was seen by a physician and, either the doc missed something or, your wife took an unexpected turn. Be there for your sons; that's really all you can do now. Try not to make very important decisions in the coming weeks. It will take that long (and probably longer) until your brain has any semblance of normalcy. It's good that extended family will be with you and your sons soon. We're here for you too. You've suffered a great loss. Your life will recover and get better but, it will take time. Don't rush it. sad smiley
Posted by: J Marston
Date: December 29, 2014 11:25PM
My deepest sympathies. like others here, I'm willing to listen to your rambles: you've earned them
Posted by: davester
Date: December 29, 2014 11:27PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I can barely imagine the pain you are experiencing. You have my deepest sympathy.

I think it important to say that you should not blame yourself for this tragedy. Tragedies happen every day despite the best efforts of multitudes to prevent them. You couldn't predict this outcome based on what you knew and you were moving along the path that seemed best. That is all that any of us can do. You also don't know if taking her to the ER would have saved her life...it might not have helped. Fate can get the best of any of us. Take care,

Dave

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 09:11PM by davester.
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 29, 2014 11:27PM
My prayers are with you and your family. What a terrible loss.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 29, 2014 11:36PM
cry smiley

Our hearts go out to you.
Posted by: Randalls
Date: December 29, 2014 11:41PM
Very sorry for you and your family.
Posted by: Frank
Date: December 30, 2014 12:05AM
I'm so very sorry to learn of your great loss. The bond of love between you and Lorrie will live on in your memories. There is no blame. Reach out to those close to you and accept any help and comfort offered. Sending healing prayers your way.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 30, 2014 01:59AM
I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

You did what her doctor said. You truly did your best.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 30, 2014 04:43AM
My deepest condolences for your tragic loss.

You are surrounded by friends and family.

Don't hesitate to seek their help and support.

That's what friends are for.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Michael
Date: December 30, 2014 05:40AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's impossible for me to imagine the depth of your loss.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, your children, your family and your wife.
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: December 30, 2014 05:42AM
My prayers to you davec and all your family. Such unexpected loss is horrible and numbing. Let the love of your family and the love we share with you give you the strength to get through each day.

Somehow, this was part of God's Plan and certainly NOT your fault. You and your family will love and guide each other through this horrible tragedy. We all feel your pain and sorrow in such a vivid way, its hard to explain.

Much love and consolation to all.

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: GeneL
Date: December 30, 2014 05:45AM
I thought that I was having a really bad time just now, but my troubles pale compared to what you are experiencing right now.

Dave, it's easy for me to say, hard for you to accept, but it is too easy to blame oneself when looking back at a calamity in our lives. For me, the truth is that you just didn't know what would happen because you had no experience to refute the doctor's minimizing the situation.

You must not blame yourself for not knowing. We have all had the experiences like this where we have had an unfortunate result because we had nothing to base the "right" decision on.

I know it's hard to look at it this way, but you know in your heart, if you had known, you would have rushed your Lorrie to emergency.

It's impossible for me to not grieve with you and to wish that I could erase your pain.

You are in my thoughts, Dave, so please let us know how you are doing. As you can see you are not alone.

GeneL

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 30, 2014 06:15AM
My deepest condolences and heartfelt thoughts go out to you.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: December 30, 2014 06:31AM
I'm so sorry, I cannot imagine what t must feel like to lose the love of your life, especially so suddenly and unexpectedly. Try to stay strong, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

This little virtual community of users is here to support you. Please listen to the advice already given, it is wise.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: December 30, 2014 06:48AM
Terrible news. So sorry to hear of your loss. Positive thoughts headed your way.

Posted by: DP
Date: December 30, 2014 06:48AM
What everyone else said... I pray for you and your family for your loss.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 30, 2014 07:09AM
RE:up
Please don't blame or second guess yourself, I'm guessing that your wife would not want you feeling responsible for this tragedy. You've got enough on your plate already.

My deepest sympathies. But never never blame yourself. Remember her, love her, think of the good days. Be the best you can, for her. Her Spirit, her love, lives on and she will be there for you.

I do hope you had some preparations ready. Used car salesmen look at Funeral Directors and say "ewww"
Watch your pocket around them. If you have a not so close friend, take him with you to watch the numbers. Tell him to ask about discounts and "bring your own casket". I watched my inlaws nearly get screwed and took over the negotiations before they did.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: mspace
Date: December 30, 2014 08:09AM
Very sorry to hear this.

I hope you will come to not blaming yourself in time, as it was NOT your fault. Hard to see now.

Breathe and be well.
Posted by: blooz
Date: December 30, 2014 08:27AM
YOu can't predict the future. Don't think of blame, but keep the remembrance of her love. Sendng prayers your way.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: dmann
Date: December 30, 2014 09:09AM
My deepest condolences to you and your family, davec and I am sending good thoughts your way. We are here for you when you want to talk, need to vent or ask for help. May her memory be a blessing.

DM
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 30, 2014 09:15AM
I am very sorry for your loss.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: December 30, 2014 09:34AM
Oh davec... My deepest condolences.

• back to confinement

Posted by: GuyGene
Date: December 30, 2014 09:35AM
Oh me, dave, our hearts are also in pain with you. A big amen to what the others said. You and your family are in my prayers.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: December 30, 2014 09:53AM
Prayers sent. I am saddened by your loss of your dear wife. I hope that you and your family will pass safely through this awful time and keep her love for you always in your hearts.

=TC
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: December 30, 2014 09:54AM
Much much love to you at this terrible time. You are not to blame for Lorrie's loss, but i know you wish you'd acted differently. I've been there, and it takes a willingness to be loved in order to see that it's not your fault. Please, please let others love and take care of you.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: vicrock
Date: December 30, 2014 10:55AM
Condolences - losing a loved one suddenly is such a shock.
Posted by: kanesa
Date: December 30, 2014 11:06AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I can feel your pain through your words. Be kind to yourself. You are not omniscient. Remember the love.
Posted by: Dennis R
Date: December 30, 2014 11:28AM
Prayers offered.
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: December 30, 2014 12:02PM
So very sorry.
We'll be here for you.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: December 30, 2014 12:04PM
So, so sorry to hear this. Prayers to you and your family.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020