advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Fill and Stroke indicators in Illustrator
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: January 13, 2015 11:04AM
When I first began working extensively with Illustrator CS6 last year, there was someplace (I think in the bottom of the Appearance palette) that I saw little side-by-side squares representing the fill and stroke of a selected object. One or the other was highlighted, telling me what would get changed if I clicked in the Swatches palette. X allowed me to easily toggle between the two.

Sometime last fall those squares disappeared, and I can't figure out where they went. Anyone know what I'm talking about or where to look?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Fill and Stroke indicators in Illustrator
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 13, 2015 11:18AM
Might you have inadvertently changed your "Workspace" setting?
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: January 13, 2015 11:25AM
Those are in your Tools palette...at the bottom. I guess you could get rid of them if you created a custom toolbar. But I've never done that. And all the built in workspace presets use the default toolbar.

Posted by: kahuna1342
Date: January 14, 2015 03:29PM
You can also find this in the Color palette.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but, three rights make a left.
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: January 14, 2015 03:51PM
If you have been accustomed to finding the stroke/fill boxes in the Color palette and they have gone missing, click "Show Options" from the teeny tiny little drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the palette to bring them back.

Of course, they should always be at the bottom of the toolbar as well—at least, I've never seen them missing from there. You could try re-setting your workspace, or choosing a different one.

Good luck! smile smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020