advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple developers can "apply" for WWDC tickets. Tickets will cost $1,599
Posted by: steve...
Date: April 17, 2015 03:12AM
The event will take place at Moscone West in San Francisco on June 8-12. Developers can apply for tickets until 10 a.m. on Friday on this website. Attendees will be selected through “a random selection process,” Apple said.

This year’s conference will have more than 100 technical sessions and more than 1,000 Apple engineers “supporting hands on labs and events,” the company said. Tickets cost $1,599 with up to 350 scholarships available..

SFGate

That's a lot of clams.

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple developers can apply for WWDC tickets. Tickets will cost $1,599
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 17, 2015 03:25AM
Yes.

That's what you do when there's far more people wanting to go than there are seats. It might have been last year when Apple adopted a lottery method for selling tickets.

I think that was the price for the last few years, too.

And the tickets sell faster every year.

One year the WWDC was sold out in less than three minutes.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: Apple developers can "apply" for WWDC tickets. Tickets will cost $1,599
Posted by: billb
Date: April 17, 2015 08:51AM
So, if I were a small start-up developer and couldn't afford or justify sending one or several employees I might find selling out to the Big Blue corporation attractive, whereupon I can continue to develop my "product" under the auspices and expectations of Big Blue and deliver a half-@#$%& product instead of the one I may have applied my own expectations and vision of an end product on.

Man I <3 the corporatization of America.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: April 17, 2015 09:27AM
billb
So, if I were a small start-up developer and couldn't afford or justify sending one or several employees I might find selling out to the Big Blue corporation attractive, whereupon I can continue to develop my "product" under the auspices and expectations of Big Blue and deliver a half-@#$%& product instead of the one I may have applied my own expectations and vision of an end product on.

If you are a startup developer you don't need WWDC for anything. It is a conference not a requirement for entry.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted by: GGD
Date: April 17, 2015 10:46AM
And I think in past years as the number of developers that couldn't get WWDC tickets grew, Apple made all of the session videos available online so they could still have access to the technical content of the conference.

C(-)ris
If you are a startup developer you don't need WWDC for anything. It is a conference not a requirement for entry.
Posted by: silvarios
Date: April 17, 2015 06:55PM
billb

Isn't "Big Blue" IBM?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 185
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020