advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Great book for all of the space/science nerds here: The Interstellar Age: Inside the Forty-Year Voyager Mission
Posted by: hal
Date: May 03, 2015 04:00PM
I thought this might be a good audiobook for putting me to sleep at night, but I really enjoyed it and found that it was keeping me up instead of knocking me out. This guy seems to think that the Voyager missions represent the greatest achievement in the history of man and after finishing it, I find it hard to disagree.

I see from the amazon reviews that some supreme nerds nit-pick it, but I really liked it... maybe I shouldn't have addressed the forum space nerds since they probably already know everything about this...

[www.amazon.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Great book for all of the space/science nerds here: The Interstellar Age: Inside the Forty-Year Voyager Mission
Posted by: freeradical
Date: May 03, 2015 04:19PM
As a kid, I was fascinated by the things that NASA did.

I had a first day of issue of this stamp:

Re: Great book for all of the space/science nerds here: The Interstellar Age: Inside the Forty-Year Voyager Mission
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 03, 2015 04:24PM
Does Decker transmit the NASA code signal to Vejur at the end? startrek 2

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 03, 2015 05:13PM
Thanks for posting... Sounds like a read I'd enjoy!

In college, I had a math prof who worked on the navigation computer for the Voyagers. I've always been interested in 'em.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 03, 2015 05:18PM
hal
I thought this might be a good audiobook for putting me to sleep at night, but I really enjoyed it and found that it was keeping me up instead of knocking me out.

That's because you purchased the edited version. In the full version you hear every one of the "Voyager checking in. All nominal. Will broadcast again in 5 days. Voyager out."
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: May 03, 2015 06:43PM
I remember doing a long report in about the 4th or 5th grade on Voyager 2. Yikes, that was a long time ago...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2015 06:44PM by Will Collier.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 03, 2015 06:54PM
I know how the story ends - has something to do with James Kirk...
Posted by: yeoman
Date: May 04, 2015 07:26AM
Recently had dinner (on a cruise ship) with the engineer responsible for Voyager's onboard Range Finder (whatever that is). Didn't learn a lot (English was not his native language) but still fun to actually meet someone who was involved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

JoeH , MEG , pdq , rgG , Sam3
Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020