advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
best way to get an iPhone for Page Plus?
Posted by: clay
Date: June 09, 2015 04:01PM
don't want to pay the $400+ for a 5S direct from Page Plus...what should I be looking for? Let's say a minimum of a iPhone 4...4s or 5 could work for the right price. What do I need to be looking for? What should I be suspicious of?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: best way to get an iPhone for Page Plus?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: June 09, 2015 04:10PM
You need a Verizon 4 or 4s. I set up a 4s with TracFone. It will also work with Page Plus.

[www.prepaidphoneguy.com]
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 09, 2015 04:13PM
I have 4S on Pageplus, and another on TracFone. I got both units via Swappa. Excellent condition, good price. The Swappa experience was great. Swappa staff seem very hands-on to review all listings before they go live.

I had to use the pageplus customer service chat function to get it activated (straight self-service would not complete, plus I was porting a number, YMMV) but other than that no troubles.

You can also check KittyWireless for phone offers and assistance in signing up for pageplus. Good forums, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 04:14PM by Acer.
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 09, 2015 04:21PM
You can use any Verizon iPhone now, on PP. you can use the 4/4S on any of the plans, and the 5 and up can be used on the monthly plans, since they will be LTE phones and they require a monthly plan for all LTE phones.

Swappa might be a good place to get a phone. I would not recommend Kitty Wireless for PP, as they are trying to switch people over to their own MVNO called Puppy Wireless, and they typically charge for things that other dealers do for less or that you can get PP to do for free. I think you could get a better deal on Swappa, for the phone.

Apparently Swappa now gives you six months of buyer protection, I think you need to pay via PayPal, but I am not sure about that, but six months should be long enough to make sure the phone doesn't get blacklisted for non-payment.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: beagledave
Date: June 09, 2015 04:33PM
I purchase an iPhone 5S from Swappa that I'm using with no problems on Page Plus.

You will also need a PagePlus sim card.
Posted by: decay
Date: June 09, 2015 04:34PM
A 4S would feel too slow for me now that I have a 5S and I'm used to its size and better screen.

---
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 09, 2015 04:47PM
decay
A 4S would feel too slow for me now that I have a 5S and I'm used to its size and better screen.

If clay is a low volume user and wants to be on one of the cheaper PayGo plans, a 4S is as high as he can go, unfortunately. As long as he is comfortable with at least the $29.95 plan, he can use a 5 and up.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 09, 2015 05:35PM
another Swappa Endorsement

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Black
Date: June 09, 2015 05:37PM
Check out eBay seller Cellcow (or maybe it's Cell_cow)- see if there are any Verizon iPhones with a best offer option, and make a reasonable offer. Happy customer here.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: June 09, 2015 05:44PM
[dealmac.com]
Posted by: Black
Date: June 09, 2015 05:49PM
freeradical
You need a Verizon 4 or 4s.
You did before PagePlus got 4G, unless you wanted to pay to reprogram. See rgG's post.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: decay
Date: June 09, 2015 06:15PM
Also consider a battery pack for a 4S that's been used for a few years, unless its internal battery was replaced already.

---
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: June 10, 2015 07:10AM
I got both mine and my wife's 5S from Swappa. No problems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020