advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Confusion: Apple Watch sales awful, yet Apple Watch is blamed for overall Watch sales being awful.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 10, 2015 10:27AM
[www.bizjournals.com]

"U.S. watch sales saw their biggest drop in seven years in June following the debut of the Apple Watch, according to new data out from NPD Group. Elmar Mock, one of the inventors of the Swatch, warned in March that Apple may cause an “ice age” for the industry, according to Bloomberg."

My personal opinion is that the overall wrist timepiece sales are dropping because the cell phone timepiece has replaced them. Not one wristwatch replacing another.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Confusion: Apple Watch sales awful, yet Apple Watch is blamed for overall Watch sales being awful.
Posted by: Black
Date: August 10, 2015 10:30AM
So the watch-buying "one percent" buy 11% of the watches?

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Re: Confusion: Apple Watch sales awful, yet Apple Watch is blamed for overall Watch sales being awful.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: August 10, 2015 10:32AM
Black

Sounds about right. Most people I know view watches as a tool to tell time. The 1% view it as an accessory for their outfit.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 10, 2015 10:32AM

It’s hard to gauge the future of watch sales because Apple isn’t talking. Apple CEO Tim Cook said during the company’s recent earnings report that Apple wouldn’t share how many of its newly released smartwatch units it sold in order to guard against competitors.

How do you figure Apple Watch sales are awful? We have no data. Though I'd wager sales aren't what Apple expected.
Posted by: raz
Date: August 10, 2015 12:05PM
ztirffritz
Black

Sounds about right. Most people I know view watches as a tool to tell time. The 1% view it as an accessory for their outfit.

About 25 years ago my last watch broke. At that point, I realized that I'm almost never in a location without at least 1 clock - and that was before cell phones.

I haven't worn a watch since.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: J Marston
Date: August 10, 2015 12:10PM
My experience is that watches are a generational product. I hardly know anyone under 30 or so who wears a watch, and few people over 30 who don't. (My son, and all his friends, use their cell phone if they want to know the time.) the Apple Watch seems to be an attempt to bridge those worlds, but they haven't promoted it very effectively--or not effectively enough to make me want one.
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: August 10, 2015 12:38PM
p8712
How do you figure Apple Watch sales are awful? We have no data.

The data can be extrapolated from polls, such as the one from Slice Intelligence. You should take the figures with a grain of salt, but the large sample size of 2.5 million people means it's probably statistically significant.

[www.businessinsider.com]

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Posted by: rz
Date: August 10, 2015 12:46PM
It's a lot easier for me to tilt my wrist and glance to learn the time than it is for me to pull my cellphone out of my pocket and click a button. I feel almost naked without a watch. But I still have no desire to own an Apple watch. I'm not a health nut, so I don't care what my pulse or BP is, or how many steps I've walked today. I don't text message very much... maybe 3 or 4 messages a day. I'm having a hard time thinking of what kind of unique app it would need to have in order for me to want to own one.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 10, 2015 12:51PM
rz
It's a lot easier for me to tilt my wrist and glance to learn the time than it is for me to pull my cellphone out of my pocket and click a button. I feel almost naked without a watch. But I still have no desire to own an Apple watch. I'm not a health nut, so I don't care what my pulse or BP is, or how many steps I've walked today. I don't text message very much... maybe 3 or 4 messages a day. I'm having a hard time thinking of what kind of unique app it would need to have in order for me to want to own one.

There has to be something that can nag at you.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 10, 2015 12:57PM
The last watch I had was a Databank (actually a series of them). I used it for storing phone numbers and short memos or sale prices, and calculating $/ounce-gram of sale items (like to verify Target math is really bad). Edit: and having a stopwatch. I liked wearing it on my right wrist (even tho right handed), but it got in the way when reaching into pockets. When the second battery started to die in the third Databank with a failing keypad, I had a realization like raz.

The only reason I would get an iWatch is to be able to check emal/texts on the sly in a meeting or talking, but I don't go to many management meetings these days.

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 01:01PM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Posted by: silvarios
Date: August 10, 2015 12:58PM
J Marston
My experience is that watches are a generational product. I hardly know anyone under 30 or so who wears a watch, and few people over 30 who don't. (My son, and all his friends, use their cell phone if they want to know the time.) the Apple Watch seems to be an attempt to bridge those worlds, but they haven't promoted it very effectively--or not effectively enough to make me want one.

I'm over 30 and while I have worn a watch, it has been few and far between for at least a decade. I even own a Pebble and just can't bring myself to want something on my wrist all the time. I eschew most jewelry as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 01:05PM by silvarios.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 10, 2015 01:09PM
J Marston

I'm in my 50s and stopped wearing a watch at around 30...
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 10, 2015 01:10PM
I consider a watch to be a piece of jewelry and own a number of them. I also agree that looking at my wrist is more efficient than pulling out a cell phone, especially since it is usually in my purse. I'd be curious to see a breakdown of watch purchases by gender since I imagine there are plenty of women who consider a watch as a kind of useful bracelet. And for us, that ugly-ass Apple Watch is never going to work.

Date: August 10, 2015 01:13PM
$tevie
And for us, that ugly-ass Apple Watch is never going to work.

Ouch. I too don't find the Apple Watch very attractive, but since I'm more a usability first guy, figured I could deal if everything worked exceptionally well. I am guessing you are right and many people, even men, do view watches as an adornment, not just a tool, this could be a bit of a stumbling block. Then again, the usability as reported by most outlets, outside of the most hardcore of hardcore Apple press, seems to be a bit meh as well.

No real hands on experience to say definitively, but maybe when Best Buy stocks up, I'll have a chance to give them a whirl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 01:16PM by silvarios.
Date: August 10, 2015 01:14PM
vision63
rz

Some rare snark from Mr. Easygoing :-)

Date: August 10, 2015 01:16PM
$tevie
I consider a watch to be a piece of jewelry and own a number of them. I also agree that looking at my wrist is more efficient than pulling out a cell phone, especially since it is usually in my purse. I'd be curious to see a breakdown of watch purchases by gender since I imagine there are plenty of women who consider a watch as a kind of useful bracelet. And for us, that ugly-ass Apple Watch is never going to work.
I hate jewelry and I wear a watch.

Date: August 10, 2015 01:24PM
Marc Anthony
p8712

The data can be extrapolated from polls, such as the one from Slice Intelligence. You should take the figures with a grain of salt, but the large sample size of 2.5 million people means it's probably statistically significant.

I didn't know about this. Thank You! The apple watch seems more like a novelty. Pebble seems to want to add a few handy features to a 'regular watch' while Apple wants to cram an iphone onto the wrist. We'll see which design philosophy pays off.
Date: August 10, 2015 01:26PM
Black
vision63
rz

Some rare snark from Mr. Easygoing :-)

My dimensions are multiple! smoking smiley
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 10, 2015 01:28PM
raz
ztirffritz
Black

About 25 years ago my last watch broke. At that point, I realized that I'm almost never in a location without at least 1 clock - and that was before cell phones.

I haven't worn a watch since.

That's my experience as well, and I'm way past 30. I quit wearing watches in the late 80's.
Posted by: billb
Date: August 10, 2015 01:34PM
If I'm wearing a watch I'm most likely also sporting a suit for which the occasion pretty much precludes not using my phone. Usually more courtesy for the company I'm keeping. If I am carrying it, it is likely off.

Most of my watches are plain and only worth a little over a hundred bucks. I break too many of them to spend any more than that.

Although I have to admit that lately I've been window shopping a couple of different Longine Chronographs.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: August 10, 2015 01:37PM
cbelt3
My personal opinion is that the overall wrist timepiece sales are dropping because the cell phone timepiece has replaced them. Not one wristwatch replacing another.

Sure, but what does that have to do with the article's implication?
Date: August 10, 2015 01:40PM
$tevie

That ugly-ass Apple Watch has won two prestigious international design awards so far.
Posted by: testcase
Date: August 10, 2015 01:40PM
I too used Casio DataBank watches for well over 20 years. After Casio "improved" the DataBank and made it MUCH more difficult to use, I went back to a "regular" wristwatch for several years until last year when I tried a Samsung Smart Watch that could pair with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smart phone. Charging the watch is a bit of a kludge and, I'm sure I'm only using a fraction of the watch (and phone's) functionallity. I only paid $150 though (and had to think quite a bit before spending that amount). $349 for the entry-level Apple watch was NOT going to happen.
Date: August 10, 2015 01:43PM
Marc Anthony
p8712

Marc, please tell me you're not serious…

Refer to Apple's recent earnings report. Unit sales for the Apple Watch for the last quarter were at least 2 million units. Also, Cook's statements directly contradict that bullsh!t report from Slice Stupidity.
Date: August 10, 2015 01:45PM
Sheesh, people…

The Apple Watch is a watch like the iPhone is a phone. I would have thought that would be obvious…
Date: August 10, 2015 01:55PM
Article Accelerator
Marc, please tell me you're not serious…

Refer to Apple's recent earnings report. Unit sales for the Apple Watch for the last quarter were at least 2 million units. Also, Cook's statements directly contradict that bullsh!t report from Slice Stupidity.

Apple broke out hard numbers on their latest quarterly earnings? What were the sales numbers for Apple Watches?

If Slice Intelligence isn't a trustworthy source, why did iMore (amongst other overwhelmingly pro Apple news sites) breathlessly report their one million Apple Watch preorder number?

[www.imore.com]
Apple Insider

To recap, good news, company is credible, bad news, company is not credible?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 01:57PM by silvarios.
Date: August 10, 2015 01:56PM
Article Accelerator
$tevie

That ugly-ass Apple Watch has won two prestigious international design awards so far.

Many sub par motion pictures get a. nominated for best picture and b. win it. The Apple Watch wouldn't even rank as my favorite looking smart watch. It isn't the worst, but it isn't my favorite design either.
Posted by: DP
Date: August 10, 2015 02:25PM
In the world of finance, there is a thing called "guidance". Apple has sold lots of iWatches, making yet more money, but the "guidance" decided that they should be selling more than they have so Apple is failing, hence the drop in the stock price. Yet they are biting into world watch sales in general? Sounds like Apple is doing just fine...

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Date: August 10, 2015 03:52PM
Article Accelerator
$tevie

Not as jewelry it didn't.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 10, 2015 04:01PM
How do you figure Apple Watch sales are awful? We have no data. Though I'd wager sales aren't what Apple expected.

I'm wondering the same.

There there's not only a paucity of real data in that click-bait article, there's nothing there that supports the subject line, which looks like click bait in itself.

The data estimates and opinions can be extrapolated from polls, such as the one from Slice Intelligence.

Fixed.

However, analytics firm Slice Intelligence has pulled together some data that claims to give us an idea of what sales have been like over the past few months.

And it doesn't look good.

To who? Who's definition of "good" is the universal standard here? This is typical "Apple had another amazing, record-setting quarter, but we don't think it's good enough. They could have/should have done better" BS.

Whether or not the Watch has met Apple's expectations isn't known. That doesn't stop people who really have no way of knowing from calling it a failure, using negative spin for clicks.

I've worn a watch forever, sometimes out of necessity, other times for convenience, and still do to this day, for the same reasons. I've always like watches, and they are the closest thing to jewelry I wear. All are analog, or analog with digital registers. Most are reasonably prices, though I have a few more expensive ones, with my Watch being sort of in the middle.

I like the clean lines of the watch though I see it as a bit bulky and large for smaller wrists. The 38mm isn't much better in that respect. It's not fashionable enough to be dressy, but it's nowhere near "ugly-ass" to my eye. As somewhat of a "watch guy" I'm in a slight quandary as the Watch is so handy for me, it's difficult to grab one of my other watches for the day. Maybe in another month or two I'll go back to rotating, again.

The ire so many people seem to demonstrate escapes me. One likes the Watch or don't. It's pricey or not. It's that simple. I tried the Pebble. I didn't like anything about it, after a day or two of wearing it. A couple of weeks or so before the Watch went on sale, the Pebble went into a drawer. The end. No ire, no rancor, just done.

Wear a watch, don't wear a watch. Wear a Watch, don't wear a watch. It's not the stuff of making an issue. Several people have asked me "Is that the Apple Watch?" and were favorably interested, even though they didn't seem likely to buy one. That's ok. One guy seem a little perturbed at my choice of brands and I had to cut his conversation short. I don't have the time for such truck.

As I said before, there are likely a lot of companies who'd like to have the "awful" sales of their product as Apple has had with the Watches.

But it's Apple and certainly no good can ever come of their efforts.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 10, 2015 04:04PM
Black
$tevie
I hate jewelry and I wear a watch.

agree smiley

It is what it is.
Date: August 10, 2015 04:08PM
silvarios
Article Accelerator
$tevie

Many sub par motion pictures get a. nominated for best picture and b. win it. The Apple Watch wouldn't even rank as my favorite looking smart watch. It isn't the worst, but it isn't my favorite design either.

The problem is that it shouldn't be called a "smart watch." It should be called a "wrist computer," because that's exactly what it is.

It is what it is.
Date: August 10, 2015 04:09PM
$tevie
Article Accelerator
$tevie

BURN!!! smiley-laughing001

It is what it is.
Date: August 10, 2015 04:14PM
The watches ain't that important. Maybe to Apple, but to the world at large, it's just a neat accessory as it should be. It's nice enough. The best looking "big dawg level" smart watch to me is the LG Urbane. And there hundreds of cool watch faces you download depending on what you want it to look like.

This the LG Urbane, which runs on the "Android Wear" operating system:

This is the LG Urbane LTE which runs on LG's proprietary operating system:

Posted by: michaelb
Date: August 10, 2015 04:47PM
Apple seems to be selling more watches than they can make, particularly for the first few months, and the watch is not available yet everywhere around the world. So supply has been limiting demand. I plan to buy one in the next day or two, but I like watches.

My guess is that most everyone on this thread and in this forum will be using some form of a wearable computer over the next 10 years. So this is the first practical application of that concept, but won't be the last. Mobile computing will fairly rapidly evolve into something more than carrying around a "phone".
Date: August 10, 2015 04:47PM
N-OS X-tasy!
silvarios
Article Accelerator
$tevie

The problem is that it shouldn't be called a "smart watch." It should be called a "wrist computer," because that's exactly what it is.

Apple could do worse:

Date: August 10, 2015 05:10PM
N-OS X-tasy!
$tevie
Article Accelerator
$tevie

Actually, it did win for purely design reasons (iF and Red Dot awards).

This might help you and $tevie out:

[www.ablogtowatch.com]
Date: August 10, 2015 05:11PM
N-OS X-tasy!

A wrist computer should probably be self contained. No iPhone, no real reason to own the Apple Watch.
Date: August 10, 2015 05:12PM
p8712
Apple could do worse:

The Pebble when paired with Android is a pretty compelling device for people looking for notifications through quick glances. Cheaper too and the Steel looks better than any Apple Watch I've ever seen.
Date: August 10, 2015 05:13PM
michaelb
Apple seems to be selling more watches than they can make, particularly for the first few months, and the watch is not available yet everywhere around the world. So supply has been limiting demand. I plan to buy one in the next day or two, but I like watches.

My guess is that most everyone on this thread and in this forum will be using some form of a wearable computer over the next 10 years. So this is the first practical application of that concept, but won't be the last. Mobile computing will fairly rapidly evolve into something more than carrying around a "phone".

The first practical application is not the Apple Watch that postdates a few years of watches that do pretty much the same thing with pretty much the same form factor. I'd argue none of them are exactly practical at this point given the buy in cost.

Since Apple just reported their earnings recently, what numbers did they offer for the watch?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 05:14PM by silvarios.
Posted by: rz
Date: August 10, 2015 05:48PM
vision63
rz

Nah, that's what my wife is for...
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: August 10, 2015 07:07PM
from the report, it looks like fashion watches were the hardest hit, which was expected.

Luxury watches seemed to have weathered the Apple watch storm.

Bryan
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: August 10, 2015 07:54PM
I would much rather check the time using a wrist watch than pull out my phone. But I'm sticking with colorful Swatch watches. They don't need to be smart.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: August 10, 2015 10:22PM
vision63
rz

Same situation. I wear a watch for practical purposes... Tho mine is also a good business-casual fashion-statement, its primary purpose is to tell time at a glance, its secondary purpose is to remind me of the date and it also does duty at least once a day as an analog timer with a quick twist of the watch-face. With its sapphire face, it's very robust, having taken hundreds of "smacks" against door jambs and such over the years.

The Apple Watch actually fails at all of these things. It's not practical. It's fragile. The only fashion statement it really makes is "I blew money on an Apple Watch." You have to raise it at a special angle or it won't even tell the time. And using it as a timer or stopwatch takes too many steps to be useful on an as-needed basis.

One neat thing that it does is Apple Pay. But that's not compelling enough on its own for me to abandon my present watch.

As far as stuff to nag at me goes, I got a Jawbone Up Move. A glorified pedometer with a 6-month battery. It clips onto a belt-loop or quietly does its job from my pocket and its nagging is restricted to "when I want it to."

Date: August 10, 2015 10:59PM
Onamuji
I wear a watch for practical purposes... Tho mine is also a good business-casual fashion-statement, its primary purpose is to tell time at a glance, its secondary purpose is to remind me of the date and it also does duty at least once a day as an analog timer with a quick twist of the watch-face. With its sapphire face, it's very robust, having taken hundreds of "smacks" against door jambs and such over the years.

The Apple Watch actually fails at all of these things. It's not practical. It's fragile.

I see you're unfamiliar with the Apple Watch. It's excellent at all those things. By the way, the stainless steel and gold models have sapphire crystals and are very rugged overall.

You have to raise it at a special angle or it won't even tell the time.

Nonsense. It requires exactly the same wrist rotation you'd use to glance at a conventional watch and nothing more.

And using it as a timer or stopwatch takes too many steps to be useful on an as-needed basis.

Nope. Press and hold the digital crown then ask Siri to set a timer or open the stopwatch. You can also add a timer to the watch face.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 10, 2015 11:52PM
An interesting thread!

The Apple Watch is nicely constructed, though I find the MotoX and the LG Urbane far nicer looking.

I'm wearing my Pebble because it works fine as a watch, gives me notifications when the iPhone doesn't forget it's connected to a non-Apple device, and works great as a remote for podcasts/music.

The next generation product from Apple and Pebble will be a more compelling product (and no, I'm not referring to the Pebble Time series - that's just an iteration on the current product line).

What I find intriguing are the comments here - NOONE is making ANYONE buy and wear a watch! All I can say is that I went from a no-watch to a 'will go back house and get my Pebble' person now that I've had a Pebble for a couple years. Works for me, not saying it has to work for everyone.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: August 11, 2015 12:11AM
Onamuji
I wear a watch for practical purposes... Tho mine is also a good business-casual fashion-statement, its primary purpose is to tell time at a glance, its secondary purpose is to remind me of the date and it also does duty at least once a day as an analog timer with a quick twist of the watch-face. With its sapphire face, it's very robust, having taken hundreds of "smacks" against door jambs and such over the years.

The Apple Watch actually fails at all of these things. It's not practical. It's fragile.

Article Accelerator
I see you're unfamiliar with the Apple Watch. It's excellent at all those things. By the way, the stainless steel and gold models have sapphire crystals and are very rugged overall.

The steel is soft and prone to scratching and the sapphire shatters.

The aluminum option is harder than the steel, but if you go for the aluminum "Sport" then you've got Gorilla Glass instead of sapphire. It flexes a bit more than sapphire, so may actually be more robust than sapphire for many kinds of impacts. For practical purposes, the most notable difference is that the Gorilla Glass is particularly prone to shatter like a car's windshield where the sapphire tends to shatter like a crystal candy dish. Choose your poison: cracks or shards.

Mind you, my steel watch has gotten pretty scuffed over the years. But with my watch the scuffs add character. With an Apple watch a few scratches ruin a piece of expensive tech that you can't show off anymore without remorse.

Onamuji

Article Accelerator
Nonsense. It requires exactly the same wrist rotation you'd use to glance at a conventional watch and nothing more.

I support these things professionally. The exaggerated movement that is required to have the face illuminate is annoying as all f-ck and is the one thing that even the most ardent lover of the tech tells me over and over again is in desperate need of a change.

There's no way to subtly check the time during a meeting when you're wearing an Apple Watch and whenever I go to the movies I know who has one because they start lighting up like fireflies at around the hour-mark.

Onamuji
And using it as a timer or stopwatch takes too many steps to be useful on an as-needed basis.

Article Accelerator
Nope. Press and hold the digital crown then ask Siri to set a timer or open the stopwatch. You can also add a timer to the watch face.

Lift, tap, twirl, twirl, twirl, twirl, twirl, twirl for several seconds then tap, or else press hard, tap, tap, tap or press, hold and speak loudly (and it had better be very loud and clear with no accent) to annoy everyone trying to work in that room, and the f-ing screen goes to sleep in 20 seconds so you can't see your timer!

...vs. a single subtle and graceful twist.

My watch kicks your watch's butt to the ground and buries it.

Date: August 11, 2015 12:40AM
Article Accelerator
N-OS X-tasy!
$tevie
Article Accelerator
$tevie

Actually, it did win for purely design reasons (iF and Red Dot awards).

This might help you and $tevie out:

[www.ablogtowatch.com]
We aren't ever going to agree on this.

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: August 11, 2015 08:41AM
Onamuji
The steel is soft and prone to scratching and the sapphire shatters.

Steel bodies and sapphire crystals are pretty standard among luxury watches.

My Panerai, Omega, Tag Heuer and Seiko are all steel/sapphire.

And sapphire is brittle and will shatter, but is near-impossible to scratch. That's your trade-off for hardness.

Mine must be defective. I just raise it like I would my mechanical watches and the screen comes on.

Lift, tap, twirl, twirl, twirl, twirl, twirl, twirl for several seconds then tap, or else press hard, tap, tap, tap or press, hold and speak loudly (and it had better be very loud and clear with no accent) to annoy everyone trying to work in that room, and the f-ing screen goes to sleep in 20 seconds so you can't see your timer!

Please tell your clients that they need better support. I do not support these things professionally, but I am not having the same kind of trouble that you are experiencing.

My watch kicks your watch's butt to the ground and buries it.

I think the watch is kicking your butt.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 11, 2015 10:06AM
Article Accelerator
Sheesh, people…

The Apple Watch is a watch like the iPhone is a phone. I would have thought that would be obvious…

i agree. that the tenor of the discussion seems to completely disregard that aspect kind of surprises me. i don't think marketing wise Apple could have called it anything else. consumers like pigeon-hole simplicity and calling it a wristbanded personal technology device is just not sexy.

the design is fine for me once you jump into the $600+ price range. the lower range band options look like cheap toys. and that's the deal killer. i want one but don't need one and the second tier price tag takes it out of a reasonable frivolous purchase for my budget.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020