advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mint, you get that usb scale working or not?
Posted by: pRON aHOLIC
Date: October 28, 2006 04:43PM
Inquiring minds would like to know.

-------------------------------------------------------

Join team 38910 folding! [folding.stanford.edu] multi cpu-[calxalot.homeip.net]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mint, you get that usb scale working or not?
Posted by: spearmint
Date: October 28, 2006 05:13PM
I cannot get it to work. Not mac compatible.

Da Good Life

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2006 05:15PM by spearmint.
Date: October 28, 2006 05:17PM
spearmint
I cannot get it to work. Not mac compatible.

Strange, the usb scale hooked to my Mac says your your optimism weighs about two ounces at the moment. ;-P Keep trying.

Posted by: ArtP
Date: October 28, 2006 06:33PM
Mint, I still have the older version of the USB scale software (400k, date is 9/14/05) I can email it to you if you want to try that.

This is the one that everyone used when the USB scale "Club" began. PM me and I can email it to you or, post it somewhere for a download.

Anyone else have any problems with the updated Scale software? I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet. As far as I know it is only an update to the Postal Rates, software is the same I guess?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2006 06:33PM by ArtP.
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 28, 2006 06:33PM
Send it to Dusty Baker … bfd heard he can make anything work*

*except the Cubbies
Posted by: Stephanie
Date: October 28, 2006 07:11PM
My usb scale says my new baby rescued corn snake weighs all of 2 grams!

spearmint - have you tried any troubleshooting? Perhaps if you post some details of what's wrong, those in the cult could help you?
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: October 28, 2006 07:27PM
Hardware?
OSX version?

BGnR

"Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"
"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."
"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."
"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."
Posted by: clay
Date: October 28, 2006 07:32PM
scale software found here works fine for me:
[support.radioshack.com]

10.4.8, intel imac
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 28, 2006 07:39PM
It works on my Pismo (10.3.9) The USBScale.dmg is 400kb (1.0 v10)).
Posted by: sscutchen
Date: October 28, 2006 07:56PM
Try other USB ports. On my Pismo, the scale sometimes does not work in the top port. I don't know why. The software will launch and then quit, saying it can't find a scale. I move the plug to the bottom port, and it launches and works just fine.

Don't ask who the bell's for, dude. It's you.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 28, 2006 09:56PM
works here w/ G5, MDD, QS, eMac & iBook. haven't tried w/ others such as G3 iMac, beige tower & desktop, Pismo and a few more. works great on step-FIL's G5 iMac 17". Dennis' updated software version is the cat's pj's.

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: Carm
Date: October 28, 2006 10:50PM
MInty's playin us.
Date: October 28, 2006 11:00PM
Pray for the Mint.

Posted by: rexrzer
Date: October 28, 2006 11:49PM
I have no doubts that Mint is playin' with you guys and gals!thumbs down

Let me think of all the ways that I use the USB scale:thumbs up smiley

1) Weighing my eBay items

2) Weighing my non-eBay items

3) Doing things like figuring out the weight of a pen, so my hand suffers less

4) Weighing my rations of parrots food for the various Avian pals that reside here, and this DOES save me $$$ on a monthly basis

5) Figuring out the cost of my new titanium-framed glasses, by the gram

I could keep going on, but it gets trivial after awhile. But you know what, getting the RS USB Scale was one of the soundest investments I've made this calendar year. It just comes in handy for so many things that it's baffling to the causal mind. My software is still "Version 1.0...to be used with the Radio Shack USB Scale" even though I have the enhanced version, somewhere on this G5's HD, emailed to me by a kind MacResource.com member when we were all going through "the craze!"hot smiley

I remember that well, when we were all scurrying about to our various Radio Shack shops, buying them out to the walls at every opportunity, and getting their WEIRDEST looks, from the sales staffs at the RS stores. I could just hear them thinking and saying: "I wonder what HE's on right now!" or "Why did that guy just order 6 USB scales anyway?...maybe we should stock up and take care of supply and demand better!?"eye rolling smiley

My two scales see virtually unlimited use, one downstairs here in my studio, perched and ready to weigh anything and everything right next to my G4's Hanns-G LCD screen; the 2nd is upstairs in my wife's studio, hooked up to her iMac's hub, ready to weigh things like letters to Indonesia or Singapore (where even partial grams are important and expensive), or feminine items like earrings and baubles and trinkets...at a moment's notice.smiling bouncing smiley

So here at rexrzer's place, the USB Scale is still King! I admit it freely and without coercion. It ranks right up there with the better things I've scored this calendar year, like my Epson P-2000 MultiMedia Viewer, the Hanns-G LCD, my two Seagate 400GB external HDs in ByTecc cases, yup, it's right up there at No. 1 for the "most useful and important things of the year for under $200."thumbs up

I don't know what I'd do without it, quite frankly, as I use it so much, and for so many things. I never even think about weighing items without it being in the same sentence....UNLESS that which is being weighed is more than 6 pounds, of course!;)

Yes, I'm still in love with my RS USB Scale, and I think it loves me back, to boot! It has yet to fail any assignment, is accurate and gives me confidence when I'm in the middle of doing some complex transaction that all of a sudden needs an accurate weight for a critical decision. It's like my right hand and arm, all in one! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

When I think about next year, and the products that I might end up with, I have to use the RS USB scale as the denoumount, the center piece, the thing against which all others are judged. It's my Best Friend, my Regular Companion, and the Accurate Weighing Instrument by which I live my meager life here in this Mac-filled window-walled studio.eye popping smiley

I would be at a complete and utter loss without having a RS USB Scale in Da House. I don't know HOW I lived my life without one, to be honest and frank. In fact, let me swear by the 10 Commandments the following: "Without my RS USB Scale my life would be empty, without balance, without its 2nd wind and measurement capacity.!"

Long Live the RS USB Scale Cult! We are unique, with purpose, and we have a common and ever-lasting bond: the USB RS Scales that assists with our lives and our businesses, without which we would be vacant vestiges of humanity, mere shells of ourselves!moody smiley

The Scale Is King! Long live the Radio Shack USB Scale! for without them our lives would be barren and empty, without meaning, without purpose.

I proclaim today, October 28,2006, Radio Shack USB Scale Day!smileys with beer

Do I hear a 2nd Voice amongst the throngs of supporters? Yes, I do!

Then, so it shall be: 10/28 will forever be cast in stone as Radio Shack USB Scale Day!

Long Live The Scale, and So All It Shall Mean To Each And Every One of Us.smoking smiley

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Date: October 28, 2006 11:52PM

So here at rexrzer's place, the USB Scale is still King!

All Hail the Scale!

Posted by: Dennis R
Date: October 29, 2006 09:45AM
If Mint is blaphemizing the scale we should change the secret handshake and meeting place and not let him know.

Long Live The Scale!
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: October 29, 2006 12:46PM
No Good Deed Goes UnPunished!!!

BGnR

"Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"
"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."
"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."
"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020