advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
In Search Of: Non-stick Ceramic/PFOA-Free/Stoneware Pans that are induction compatible
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 08, 2015 12:37PM
Anybody have a set they like? I would prefer a major brand from a retailer I have used before, and under $400.

I haven't found a retailer that has this set up as a proper search term. Nearly all the Amazon results are either all aluminum (not induction compatible) or Stainless-Teflon, so searching for "induction" doesn't work.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: In Search Of: Non-stick Ceramic/PFOA-Free/Stoneware Pans that are induction compatible
Posted by: GeneL
Date: November 08, 2015 01:44PM
America's Test Kitchen recommended T-fal. Around here, Marshall's has them for a lot less than anywhere else.

Description from Amazon listing:

Features
Prometal Pro nonstick interior is exceptionally durable and scratch resistant, safe for use with metal utensil
The unique T-fal Thermo-spot heat indicator shows when T-fal pan is perfectly preheated for cooking
Riveted Silicone Handles for comfort grip
Dishwasher safe; Oven safe to 350 degrees F
Safe for all cooking methods including induction;
Limited Lifetime Warranty

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Re: In Search Of: Non-stick Ceramic/PFOA-Free/Stoneware Pans that are induction compatible
Date: November 08, 2015 02:39PM
Thanks Gene!

Looks like this is the product line: T-Fal Prometal Pro

I found some good reviews of T-Fal pans on Cooksillustrated.com without a product line name. It mentioned steel disk base, but they didn't specifically mention induction or it being non-Teflon.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 08, 2015 02:54PM
Just a couple of days ago I saw a ceramic-lined Tri-Ply cookware set at my local Costco.

It is what it is.
Date: November 08, 2015 03:03PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Just a couple of days ago I saw a ceramic-lined Tri-Ply cookware set at my local Costco.

Does this seem to be what you saw?
J.A. Henckels International RealClad Cookware

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: GeneL
Date: November 08, 2015 04:18PM
My choice for T-fal was based on the ATK's comparison testing. They we're very clear that T-fal was the winner, by far.

It is definitely described as being usable with induction cooktops, as you can see from the Amazon description that I posted above.

Also, the most reasonable!

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 08, 2015 06:52PM
Take a magnet with you to the thrift store.

winking smiley
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 08, 2015 07:57PM
Filliam H. Muffman
N-OS X-tasy!

Does this seem to be what you saw?
J.A. Henckels International RealClad Cookware

No, the set I saw was Costco's Kirkland brand.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020