advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Time to blow a lot of money on expensive and slightly marred cookware (All-Clad sale)!!
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: January 24, 2016 10:39PM
[www.homeandcooksales.com]

Enter code ALLCLADVIP when prompted.

Not "cheap," but considerably cheaper than usual and some items are well under Amazon's best-ever prices on these products.

Caveats:

It's their annual "factory seconds" sale. Items have minor cosmetic scratches or dents, and may lack stamps/engraving, but are supposed to be free of defects that would affect cooking with them.

Free shipping. As-is. No returns.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Time to blow a lot of money on expensive and slightly marred cookware (All-Clad sale)!!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 24, 2016 11:02PM
My mom bought a bunch of high end cookware about 35 years ago, and I have most of it now. All is going strong. Buying cheaply constructed is very false economy.

She still uses her Kitchen-Aid mixer from 1959!
Re: Time to blow a lot of money on expensive and slightly marred cookware (All-Clad sale)!!
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 25, 2016 05:47AM
Racer X
My mom bought a bunch of high end cookware about 35 years ago, and I have most of it now.

oh that hurts. my farberware is about the same age, but I bought it.
New handles a couple years ago. Still gets th job done.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: January 25, 2016 08:14AM
I bought a set of All-Clad about 10 years ago. Besides scuffs from daily use the pieces are exactly as they were on the first day. Highly recommend.
Posted by: Bixby
Date: January 25, 2016 08:31AM
All-Clad is great, but Tramontina is nearly as great and much cheaper.

[www.seriouseats.com]

I'm not a huge fan of supporting Walmart, but there you go.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: January 25, 2016 08:55AM
Bixby

[www.seriouseats.com]

Wow, good read, thanks. I am in the market for some new cookware. And thanks for posting the All-Clad sale, onamuji, I'll check that out too.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 25, 2016 09:30AM
.....is this a good way to get a CLADdagh ring [ even though it is a bit damaged ].....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: 3d
Date: January 25, 2016 09:49AM
I've been lusting after a good paella pan. But $120 ($260 original price)?! Maaaaan....
Date: January 25, 2016 10:01AM
Fritz
Racer X
My mom bought a bunch of high end cookware about 35 years ago, and I have most of it now.

oh that hurts. my farberware is about the same age, but I bought it.
New handles a couple years ago. Still gets th job done.

Oh, she's not dead, just cut back on her cookware. I got her Le Creuset dutch oven because its too heavy for her.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: January 25, 2016 10:23AM
Well unfortunately I just read an Amazon review on the Tramontina set above...it said the handles get hot on the most recent version of it. WTH??? Man. What a letdown.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 25, 2016 11:03AM
Trying hard to resist the measuring cups and spoons. So much of what's available today is plastic or too-thin SS. Wish the SS ECKO line was as good as it was in the '60s ...
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: January 25, 2016 11:48AM
SteveO
Bixby

[www.seriouseats.com]

Wow, good read, thanks. I am in the market for some new cookware. And thanks for posting the All-Clad sale, onamuji, I'll check that out too.

I've posted here about Tramontina Tri-Ply cookware many times over the years. I purchased a set for my (ex-)wife some years ago - top notch stuff.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 25, 2016 12:19PM
I have four pieces of All- Clad and I am not a fan. Both my 10 and 12" fring pans have @#$%& in the middle after only a few eyes and after I have babied them. I never put water on them until they were cool and I never cooked extremely hot.
Posted by: Kate
Date: January 25, 2016 01:11PM
I'm a big fan of cast iron.

Kate
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: January 25, 2016 01:29PM
I got a D5 brushed 12” fry pan from homeandcooksales. It came with a severe convex dish:

That’s more than a cosmetic issue. I was able to get All-Clad to replace it, despite the as-is/no exchanges policy, but it was a headache. First, their online “contact us” web page was broken for at least a week; second, I’d call their 1-800 number and be put on hold for half an hour before having to hang up and get some work done. That happened twice. Eventually, their customer service web page was fixed, and they suggested repeatedly that I had warped the pan by overheating it and then dunking it in cold water. Still, they did allow me to ship it back at my own expense for an evaluation, and six weeks later, I received a replacement. It’s better than the first, but it’s still dished. I have Calphalon pans, and none of them have this problem.

I don’t know if the problem is that I bought a factory second, or whether it’s an actual problem with the D5 line. (It’s certainly a lot less heavy than a Calphalon pan, much thinner body, so I’d expect more problems with warping and dishing.) Either way, I wouldn’t buy another pan from homeandcooksales.com.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 25, 2016 02:11PM
Eat out. smiling smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Kate
Date: January 25, 2016 02:34PM
No, not a big fan of eating out when this is so easy

Kate
Posted by: Bixby
Date: January 25, 2016 03:20PM
SteveO
Well unfortunately I just read an Amazon review on the Tramontina set above...it said the handles get hot on the most recent version of it. WTH??? Man. What a letdown.

Never had an issue with all my Tramontina pan handles. There are many variations (i.e. even cheaper) of the Tramontina pans, so you need to get the right ones.

They don't get hot like my cast iron (of which I am also a big fan).
Date: January 25, 2016 04:24PM
Bixby
There are many variations (i.e. even cheaper) of the Tramontina pans, so you need to get the right ones.

Absolutely correct. Tramontina offers a number of lines of non-Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware (including at Costco) - you don't want these. The Tri-Ply line of SS cookware is the Tramontina product line that receives all the rave reviews.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2016 07:39PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: vicrock
Date: January 25, 2016 07:29PM
Thanks for the heads up - ordered a couple of pieces!
Date: January 25, 2016 09:45PM
rgG
Eat out. smiling smiley

must.... resist.....
Date: January 25, 2016 10:36PM
Racer X
rgG
Eat out. smiling smiley

must.... resist.....

nono smiley smiley-laughing001

It is what it is.
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 26, 2016 07:18PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Bixby
There are many variations (i.e. even cheaper) of the Tramontina pans, so you need to get the right ones.

Absolutely correct. Tramontina offers a number of lines of non-Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware (including at Costco) - you don't want these. The Tri-Ply line of SS cookware is the Tramontina product line that receives all the rave reviews.

is this the one to get?

[www.walmart.com]
Date: January 26, 2016 09:58PM
space-time
N-OS X-tasy!
Bixby

is this the one to get?

[www.walmart.com]

Indeed. I was going to suggest you consider the 12-piece set at $225, but I see it now sells for $326, $100 more than what I paid for ours. Check back from time to time - my experience is that prices for these sets fluctuate widely.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020