advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Canon PowerShot SX520 HS 16MP 1080p Digital Camera (Refurbished) $90 + Free Shipping
Posted by: DP
Date: March 07, 2016 03:09PM
This is the SX520 (not SX50) but I'm posting this because it's very inexpensive and it has a zoom equivalent of 24-1008mm. It's a mid 2014 model, 16 mp chip, manual setting, with the DIGIC 4+ processor. No RAW but it seems most long zoom users here don't use it anyway. It does have Superfine setting however.
For the price this is a good deal.

[shop.usa.canon.com]

Why I needed a post to remind me of Buddy, I'll never know...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Canon PowerShot SX520 HS 16MP 1080p Digital Camera (Refurbished) $90 + Free Shipping
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 07, 2016 05:11PM
No optical viewfinder, or articulating LCD, but for $90, it would make an excellent secondary video cam.
==
Re: Canon PowerShot SX520 HS 16MP 1080p Digital Camera (Refurbished) $90 + Free Shipping
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: March 07, 2016 07:43PM
Looks like there isn't a time limit on the video mode that I can see. Would make an awesome secondary camera at another angle for video work.

I remember shooting a choir concert where I had to borrow several SLR to have multiple angles. I shot with a Sony camcorder tied directly into the sound system and 2 Canon and 1 Nikon SLR for other angles. Instead of a static shot of the choir, I was able to create a more dynamic video which included panning and zoom shots combined with the static position cameras.

No everyone needs to get that fancy but for this price you can pull that off for much less than buying 3 SLR cameras.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: March 07, 2016 08:27PM
Here is a review of the camera [www.cameralabs.com]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020