advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bill Gates is a genius after all... Zune Release...
Posted by: ArtP
Date: November 14, 2006 08:17AM
Ahhhh, Bill is a smart man after all.

With all the lackluster release of the Zune in the Technology circles and on the Net (compared to Apple and iPods), seems that Microsoft dropped the ball on the Product.

Looks like Bill did some "grass roots" marketing, dropping a release Party for Zune in the "Hood".

[www.zunescene.com]

I can just see the Marketing meeting a year ago...

Bill: The Apple iPod has the Tech crowd and the "movers and shakers" on lock, how can we crack the iPod's market share.

MS Flunkie: Well my teenage son is into this Rap and Hip Hop thing, let's go for that Market, we'll start in the Hood, and suburbia will catch on eventually because it's quote/unquote cool.

Bill: That's good, Hmmm, I've been playing this rapper T.I. "The King of The South" lately in the Hummer, let's get him to do the release party in the ATL.

MS Flunkie: U da Man Bill.....

Bill: One more thing... Since we are selling it in the Hood. Let's make it Brown! FSCK that Lily White iPod... Ya Know WHat I'm sayin'

Yep, that how it happened....

Check the Videos....
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bill Gates is a genius after all... Zune Release...
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: November 14, 2006 08:22AM
Microsoft has deep pockets.
Laugh now, they'll probably own the market in five years.

BGnR
I hate the Zune.

"Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"
"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."
"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."
"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."
Posted by: ArtP
Date: November 14, 2006 08:27AM
Also look at the bottom of the page. Interesting they show Page view data of Zune Scene .vs ilounge. With the release of the Zune, shouldn't page views go up? Seems iLounge is rising while Zune scene is dropping...

Go figure....

Also with all those kids at that free concert, how many do U think will actually run out and buy a $250 Zune (or how many really cared)?
Posted by: Kramerica
Date: November 14, 2006 08:41AM
ArtP- you might've gotten the colors reversed...it shows ilounge dropping while zunescene rising. They're bragging about an increase in traffic to their crappy little site with a tiny percentage of the content that ilounge has. Of course, our visits just raised it as well... I think I'll visit ilounge just to compensate!
Posted by: incognegro
Date: November 14, 2006 08:46AM
Many urban kids spend $250 on a Rocawear coat, what's to stop them from buying a $250 Zune?

And have you seen how much those 18" rims cost?
[www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com]
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: November 14, 2006 09:02AM
This may have been posted here before, but this short film imagines what would happen if Microsoft designed the box for the iPod.

[video.google.com]
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: November 14, 2006 09:30AM
I think the Zune will one day be the dominant platform.
Not for playing music, mind you, it will be utilized in business schools the world over as an example of how not to bring a product to market.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 14, 2006 11:16AM
I'm convinced that this product exists for exatly one reason. Gates and Balmer are tired of hearing their kids say that all they want for christmas is an iPod, and refuse to buy one, so they'll build one that "just as good".
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: November 14, 2006 01:51PM
LOL, GGD.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 14, 2006 08:03PM
I still do not understand why MS did not undercut Apple on the price. After they corner the market on the Zune, they'll have the unwitting masses hooked on it and they'll be forced to buy their computers.... ! Yeah, that's the ticket!
Posted by: walscobry
Date: November 14, 2006 09:20PM
No he is not. The zune is a warmed over turd (wireless sharing has both a song count and play per day limit, bah ha ha!). The mp3 player market is about played out. Ok, the whole PMP market is about done. I've had all those features in my phone for years now and not any DRM to worry about. I sure loves me some ffmpeg!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020