advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPod Touch, will they put the iPhone SE guts into it?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 12, 2016 09:02AM
I am wondering of they will put a 4K video camera and the updated still camera into the iPod Touch with the speedier processors. Would be a great way to get all the iPhone SE usefulness without paying $500 for the 64gb iPhone SE.

Currently the lowest cost 4K video camera in camcorder or still camera video mode form is around $400-500.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPod Touch, will they put the iPhone SE guts into it?
Posted by: MGS_forgot_password
Date: April 12, 2016 09:35AM
They might, but probably not before 2019.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: April 12, 2016 09:38AM
My uneducated guess is probably not. I'm even wondering if they will kill off the iPod line, or at least the Touch, as they are not even reporting iPod sales separately anymore, and the trend from the last year of reporting was that sales were crashing.

Also, the new SE is only a few hundred more than the iPod for a better camera and a faster, more capable processor. Even if they do update the iPod, I don't see it having as good or better components than their lowest level telephone. It would be nice if I was wrong, as I'd love to have a device like you mentioned.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 12, 2016 10:50AM
Keep an eye out for sales on prepaid Android phones. The cheapest 2160p/30 prepaid I found in a quick look was about $350 (not all available in the US). I would guess some of them have been down to $250 but i don't know the best bargain forum to search for phone deals.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: billb
Date: April 12, 2016 11:39AM
why would you look for deals on phones that cost more than an ipod when contemplating the possibility of new hardware in a new model ipod touch ?

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: April 12, 2016 12:19PM
No way. The Touch just got an upgrade recently after not having one for 3 or 4 years. It will continue as-is for at least 2 more years. And Apple will not be discontinuing the iPod line anytime soon as they still sell and there are still parents out there who don't want kids racking up a cell bandwidth bill but don't mind them having a portable device.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: April 12, 2016 12:34PM
I suspect the sixth generation will be the end of line for the iPod Touch. I say that with no small sense of regret, since I’m devoted to my Touch, and don’t carry a phone.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: April 12, 2016 12:55PM
Lew Zealand
there are still parents out there who don't want kids racking up a cell bandwidth bill but don't mind them having a portable device.

Heh. B/c Apple cares about what the consumer wants.

Date: April 12, 2016 04:46PM
bazookaman
Lew Zealand
there are still parents out there who don't want kids racking up a cell bandwidth bill but don't mind them having a portable device.

Heh. B/c Apple cares about what the consumer wants.

Apple sure as hell cares more about the regular consumer than the enthusiast community because that's where they make all their $.
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 12, 2016 09:00PM
I could see them doing it.

Remember the latest iPod is actually the first of the current form factor iOS devices.

All depends on the sales.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 13, 2016 12:21AM
I know many people who used to buy the iPod Touch as a non-phone iOS device. As people started upgrading their phones, they turned off the cell capability and gave the phones to their children. Now that people are upgrading every few years, the market for the iPod Touch isn't as big.

I hope they upgrade this to 4K, it still is a very useful device and helps get non cell users into the Apple ecosystem.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Date: April 13, 2016 06:55PM
Good point pRICE, our family has 3 older iPhones in use as de facto iPod Touches.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020