Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Follow up to coffee maker recs
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: April 14, 2016 10:39AM
Reference thread from 6 weeks ago

At the end of the thread, I noted that I picked up the Zojirushi model that was mentioned for a great price.

However, I didn't mention what I had done in the interim and what my final solution turned out to be.

I ended up first trying the Ninja Coffee Bar b/c of it's ability to make single mugs (in addition to travel mugs, half carafes, full carafes, iced and specialty drinks).

[www.amazon.com]

It actually worked surprisingly well, but was overkill for what I really needed (since I'm the only coffee drinker in the house) and also quite expensive for my needs (I paid $175 inclusive of tax).

It was also a bit time consuming in terms of preparation and clean up for just making a single cup of coffee the majority of the time.

So I ended up returning that.

Although I said I wanted to try and get away from the capsule-based systems (the new coffee maker was to replace a Nespresso Vertuoline model), I couldn't help but appreciate the convenience and speed of single cup, capsule-based machines vs. real coffee makers.

What I didn't like about the Nespresso was the bitterness of the coffee (perhaps related to the layer of "crema" unnecessarily added to the top of the coffee) and the single source of capsules/pods (had to order directly from Nespresso online and have them shipped). Their selection was also limited in terms of flavors and specialty drinks.

So, what I ended up getting, trying and keeping was the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Esperta.

[www.amazon.com]

I've been very happy with the convenience, speed, temperature (coffee is hot), variety of drinks and ease of purchase. Although you still have to buy online, you can buy from various outlets, including Amazon, Prime Now, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.

So, my solution is to use the Esperta during the week when I'm already always running late for work and only have a minute or two to make my coffee and hit the road and use the Zojirushi on weekends when I have time to make the coffee properly and clean up the grounds, etc.

My music blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Follow up to coffee maker recs
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 16, 2016 06:03AM
pinkoos

So, my solution is to use the Esperta during the week when I'm already always running late for work and only have a minute or two to make my coffee and hit the road and use the Zojirushi on weekends when I have time to make the coffee properly and clean up the grounds, etc.

Everyone is running late in the morning, but that's not an excuse. Set up the coffee maker in the evening, program it to make the coffee 10 minutes before you come into the kitchen in the morning. Done. Pour and go. Even faster than Esperta. Clean it in the evening when you set up for the next day.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020