advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the blacklist - jumped the shark
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 18, 2016 07:55AM
anyone else been watching? Been a disappointing 3rd season after the 2nd.
think I've had enough weren't for Mr Kaplan and Glen Carter

!#$@@$#!

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the blacklist - jumped the shark
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 18, 2016 08:34AM
Yep, I was thinking about the same thing.
I wonder what this weeks big deal is supposed to be. They have been touting it in the commercials.
I will say, I do like James Spader, but the story lines have been pretty weak this season.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: iaJim
Date: April 18, 2016 08:42AM
I don't think Elizabeth is dead.
Posted by: beagledave
Date: April 18, 2016 08:43AM
Well the big deal for the most recent episode is..

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 18, 2016 10:41AM
One of the worst network TV shows to survive in the modern era. (Featuring the dumbest FBI section in history...aside from fellow NBC dumb-o Blindspot) Acting is awful and scripts are worse. I can't waste the time just to see James Spader (If there was a Youtube channel of just his parts every week, I'd watch it.)
Date: April 18, 2016 10:48AM
Steve G.
(Featuring the dumbest FBI section in history..Acting is awful and scripts are worse. I can't waste the time just to see James Spader (If there was a Youtube channel of just his parts every week, I'd watch it.)

I didn't think so the 1st season and the 2nd was better, but it is a stinking dawg now.

I wouldn't even bother with his youtube channel. He's flat as hell in this.
No Boston Legal for sure.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 18, 2016 10:57AM

"Mad cow?"
"Definitely."
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 18, 2016 11:22AM
.....James Spader is good but he dominates every TV show that he is in.....stopped watching toward the end of season 1......way over the top......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 18, 2016 12:05PM
I'm still okay with it, particularly if the storyline goes in the direction I think it might be going
Whatever happens, we should be due for a rampage by Red of truly epic proportions.
Posted by: raz
Date: April 18, 2016 12:13PM
I gave up early in season two.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 18, 2016 03:06PM
I'm skipping all the comments to avoid spoilers, but I peeked at BB's comment and I'm onboard.

I really like the show, and James Spader especially.

I'm all in.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: ADent
Date: April 18, 2016 06:11PM
The show jumped the show long ago.

It is preposterious.

It is beyond belief.

But I am still enjoying it and watching it.

I really doubt I would watch a season 4, but I didn't think I would watch this season.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: April 18, 2016 07:49PM
I've recorded the first two shows of the Blacklist season, but haven't watched them yet.

I'm finding it more and more difficult to watch a number of the series that I have been following since they began. Blind Spot and Quantico were two that I started watching, but they became so disjointed and depressing that I gave up on them. Shows that jump around in their timeline have become more and more common and, for me, the effect is confusing and tiresome. OTOH, if they were well written, the effect could be appreciated.

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut was an interesting use of a "story is told in a nonlinear order and events become clear through flashbacks." I enjoyed the mental challenge of following the main character's time shifting, but Vonnegut made the story work for me.

I mentioned two of the recent series that I had been watching, and just gave up on. I also checked out most of the new series that just recently appeared in the channel line ups and found that they too suffered from confusing story telling and worse, had main characters weren't at all appealing to me. One of the worst was "Wynonna Earp" on Sci-Fi channel. I had hopes for that show, but all it had going was really gruesome imagery and a story line that was so farfetched that I just couldn't watch it.

Shows that I have enjoyed and in some cases, still enjoy, have a certain sense of humor that makes the characters seem human, even in the face of horrific crimes that confront them.

Quite frankly, with all the awful news that I see, every day, I really don't like to watch shows that portray characters and stories in the darkest dimensions.

Even Game of Thrones, which certainly has had some terrible imagery, has characters that have displayed a sense of humor which has given them a believable humanity.

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Date: April 18, 2016 08:02PM
speaking of dark and scifi, I started on Jessica Jones, got to ep 3 and wasn't taken.
anyone else found otherwise?

and if you haven't watched Black Mirror or The Fall, both short season BBC shows, they're both very good.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 18, 2016 08:25PM
.....same here....Quantico relies on way too many coincidences......and believability is thrown out the window......

.....ever since 'Lost'.....every show now uses flashbacks......way too much.....on 'Arrow' it worked in the first season but doesn't work as well in the following seasons.....on 'Once Upon a Time'.......has become tiresome....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: April 19, 2016 06:06AM
GeneL
Even Game of Thrones, which certainly has had some terrible imagery, has characters that have displayed a sense of humor which has given them a believable humanity.

Who are then promptly dispatched in some gruesome way. Heh.

Date: April 19, 2016 07:26AM
she's just pining for the fjords.

!#$@@$#!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 170
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020