advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
DeepDiscountDVD pulling a fast one?
Posted by: jimbrady
Date: November 15, 2006 09:48AM
In other important news, a poster on Fatwallet has said he went for a double-dip on the 20% off sale ( SUPERSALE is one of many codes that works) and got screwed: On the second order he placed, the 20% discount showed throughout his transaction, but was rescinded when the order shipped.

Anyone here gone for seconds yet?

The obvious work-around is to checkout as a new customer, but that's a pain.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DeepDiscountDVD pulling a fast one?
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 15, 2006 09:54AM
I've placed two orders and got the discount on both. Just to muddy the waters, however, I used a different code the 2nd time. There's like 20 of them floating around out there. Both orders have been shipped and the emails announcing this have both shown the discount.

Why don't people contact the company when this happens? He's got a receipt doesn't he? I never understand broadcasting stuff like this until perhaps AFTER every avenue has fallen through.

Date: November 15, 2006 10:07AM
$tevie
Why don't people contact the company when this happens? He's got a receipt doesn't he? I never understand broadcasting stuff like this until perhaps AFTER every avenue has fallen through.

This guy did (smarty pants) and they told him one discount per customer. [www.fatwallet.com]

"Just a heads up if anyone places more than one order. I made a second order and even though the price reflected the 20% off when I ordered and while it was 'In Process', they charged me regular price once it shipped. I emailed them about it and was told it was one 20% off per customer. What's weird is it still show the 20% off price in my account where it says "Order Total", but the total charged now shows the regular price. It's not really a big deal in my case since my second order was only $12 bucks, but just be aware if you decide to make a large second order."

Date: November 15, 2006 10:10AM
I made two huge orders (huge for me). Over a hundred dollars on the 2nd one. Go figure.

Date: November 15, 2006 10:18AM
Oh, and sorry for jumping to conclusions. I'm just so used to people jumping on forums sounding alarms about big rip-offs when in fact what they've experienced was an isolated incident, or good old-fashioned human error.

Date: November 15, 2006 10:23AM
$tevie
Oh, and sorry for jumping to conclusions. I'm just so used to people jumping on forums sounding alarms about big rip-offs when in fact what they've experienced was an isolated incident, or good old-fashioned human error.

It's ok (smarty pants).

Did you log into your order to check for a discrepancy between "Order Total" and "total charged" in ORDER STATUS > RECENT ORDERS?

Date: November 15, 2006 10:27AM
Okay, I just looked at a site called "slickdeals" (never heard of it before, found it on Google) and here's what they have to say:

Deep Discount DVD is running a new 20% off sale. Their prices are usually lower than competitors' on most titles. As usual, coupons are not valid on pre-releases, video games, toys and CDs. Thanks 25MVPKing

Available coupon codes (each can be used once per account):

* DVDTALK
* USATODAY
* NYTIMES
* SUPERSALE
* DDDCD
* DD1110
* DVDPRICESEARCH
* LATIMES
* ESPN
* YAHOO
* JIM
* WGN

Which is what I was worried about, since there are so many I decided to play it safe and use a different code each time. Woman's intuition I suppose.

Date: November 15, 2006 10:30AM
Double confirm the 2nd order looks kosher in ORDER STATUS > RECENT ORDERS?

Thnky

Date: November 15, 2006 11:25AM
Yes, yes, yes. I just logged in and everything is just fine.

Date: November 15, 2006 11:31AM
Thank you my dear smarty pants.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 15, 2006 07:13PM
now are the pants in and of themselves smart, or does the person in question look "smart" in their pants.

I think we need to clear this up before we continue.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 15, 2006 07:41PM
> This guy did (smarty pants) and they told him one discount per customer. [www.fatwallet.com]

Hmm...I just got my first order about an hour ago, and on the back of the invoice DDDVD had an ad about the 20% off sale and to "Act Now! Sale ends Nov 18th." It did have a different code in the ad (DVDSALE) and no mention of one discount per customer.

It seems to me they would specify one per customer terms on the flyer, especially on an invoice with a 20% discount.

That said, I have been taking advantage of these 20% off sales for years (many times 2 separate orders within sale time frame) without any hiccups.

I guess I'll just have to make another order and see if the policy has really changed.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 15, 2006 11:50PM
Hm.

The DVDs I wanted are now unavailable. Not "Sold Out", "Out of Stock", just unavailable.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: November 16, 2006 12:16AM
Just tell me what box set you want RAM--nobody else is paying attention anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 75
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020